Childhood Ailments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Childhood Ailments

Post by NightSwimming on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:24 am

Over the past year, I've been remembering things from my childhood that were long forgotten. The most disturbing one for me was that I had OCD-like tendencies from the ages of 5 to about 12.

There were a few things that I would do:

For about 2 years I could only take a certain number of steps in each room of the house.
Laundry - 2 steps
Kitchen - 6 steps. If I ran out of steps, I'd have to stand on the mat to 'reload'
Hallway - 7 steps
Loungeroom - 8 steps. Fireplace hearth was reload
Backyard - 8 steps. Any concreted area was reload
My bedroom and the bathroom were the only safe zones. No steps were allocated.

2. This isn't OCD, but it was weird and obsessive all the same. I was fascinated with felines. Any sort. For about a year, give or take, when I moved around the house I would walk on all fours, like a cat. I wouldn't sip from a cup normally. I would lap at my drinks.

3. My friends were not allowed to touch anything in my room that was on a shelf. Anything on the floor was fine because they were toys. My childhood friends still bring it up if we all get back together.

4. Again, this isn't OCD related, but I was a fire-bug. I used to burn toys, clothesline pegs, anything plastic really. I burnt a small hole in the carpet one day so I covered it with a shitty beach mat. Then I burnt a hole in the beach mat. I turned the beach mat over. Burnt another hole. I also tried my first cigarette when I was 7 or 8. My best friend and I both had parents who smoked, so we'd nick their cigarettes and smoke them in the tree house.

Well that was long winded. I just wanted somewhere to share it all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First thing we gotta do is get rid of all these shamrocks.
Nothing scares gay folk and black people like Irish crap.
NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Leprechaun Gold : 4660
Pineapple Power : 415
Alignment : Aged 30. Non Smoker. Liar.

Back to top Go down

Re: Childhood Ailments

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 am

I was a hyper-active little brat with no shame that would act as if I was completely on my own when I was in a crowded area, I had a sense of humour that only I got and I would laugh at any other form of humour like it was the second coming of the god of laughter.

I remember in primary school I was put in the small classroom for about an hour with the slow students just so I would hyper-down from being completely focused on by the teacher, I swear they must have thought I was retarded.

I fucking flinch when I remember any of that shit!

Last edited by Demented Teddy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ggggggggggg on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 am

I once ripped my stretch armstrong open to see what was inside.

Immediately regretted it.

My childhood was ruined after that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ggggggggggg
Kay-Ron, Destroyer of Worlds

Leprechaun Gold : 29302
Pineapple Power : 21476

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:51 am

Got a mental block when I was around 7-8 and wound up not being able to write ANYTHING creative in a classroom, either for fear of plagiarism or being laughed at. That mental block persists even today and it's fucking wrecked my life. Sad

I have a massive birth mark on my face that required laser surgery. It's still there, but it's so much paler than it was.

Also, I'm a picky eater. Always have been, since I was 2.

Xandy wrote:
MilkyFresh wrote:DO MEEEE

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck Milky I always knew you were a fag for me.
Alkaline
Refuse to Kill the Same Way Twice

Leprechaun Gold : 6404
Pineapple Power : -582

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:35 am

Demented Teddy wrote:I was a hyper-active little brat with no shame that would act as if I was completely on my own when I was in a crowded area, I had a sense of humour that only I got and I would laugh at any other form of humour like it was the second coming of the god of laughter.

I remember in primary school I was put in the small classroom for about an hour with the slow students just so I would hyper-down from being completely focused on by the teacher, I swear they must have thought I was retarded.

How would being surrounded by retarded kids calm a child of normal intelligence? If it were me, I'd flip out even more.

Icy Lemon wrote:I once ripped my stretch armstrong open to see what was inside.

Immediately regretted it.

My childhood was ruined after that.

I google imaged this. A bunch of photos of Taylor Lautner showed up. But that toy looked weird as hell any way.

Alkaline wrote:Got a mental block when I was around 7-8 and wound up not being able to write ANYTHING creative in a classroom, either for fear of plagiarism or being laughed at. That mental block persists even today and it's fucking wrecked my life. Sad

I have a massive birth mark on my face that required laser surgery. It's still there, but it's so much paler than it was.

Also, I'm a picky eater. Always have been, since I was 2.

How did you go in highschool with no creativity? In forms 1-3 at my school there were 6 classes that were compulsory. The only ones that didn't need inventive thought were maths and a history/politics/societies class.

I used to be a picky eater as a kid. I grew out of it though. I think all kids can be like that. You could probably train yourself out of it if it was an extreme negative.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:42 am

NightSwimming wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:I was a hyper-active little brat with no shame that would act as if I was completely on my own when I was in a crowded area, I had a sense of humour that only I got and I would laugh at any other form of humour like it was the second coming of the god of laughter.

How would being surrounded by retarded kids calm a child of normal intelligence? If it were me, I'd flip out even more.

They were not retarded, just the students that needed special attention, the thinking with me was a one to one basis or a smaller group would keep my attention and calm me down.
However, my cousin whom is...special...does go to that type of class in the same school so they do use that for special needs children too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:19 am

NightSwimming wrote:How did you go in highschool with no creativity? In forms 1-3 at my
school there were 6 classes that were compulsory. The only ones that
didn't need inventive thought were maths and a
history/politics/societies class.
It wasn't a lack of creativity, it was a fear of showing it.

Regardless, pretty poorly. Especially with essays.

Xandy wrote:

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alkaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:25 am

I was a compulsive liar up until 13, when I kinda turned myself around.

And a little shit besides, but that's the most interesting thing.
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63862
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 am

Pararaptor wrote:I was a compulsive liar up until 13, when I kinda turned myself around.

I knew a compulsive liar. She really fucked her life up. Her father is a policeman. One day she had a mental breakdown, faked her own kidnapping, rolled around in the dirt and scruffed herself up. She then called the police and when it came down to her giving an official statement she told them it was all a lie. Pretty controversial.

That was the worst of it.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:01 am

Thankfully I pulled my shit together before I did anything that bad.
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63862
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:03 am

I was fat, bluntly intellectual and socially inept. Thus I got beat up in school all the time. No one really liked me and other kids would find ways to humiliate me. I never managed to keep a friend for very long and always had my nose in a game system because of this. 25-30 years later, this has not really changed. Things got worse when my mother went to work as a nurse and I became a latchkey kid some days, and got beat up by my father on others.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Leprechaun Gold : 9210
Pineapple Power : 1652

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:07 am

I like stuff to be organised sometimes. I'm not saying like "that would look better here", I mean spending ages sorting and organising crap for no reason. Then other times I couldn't care in the slightest, it's weird.

It only dawned on me about 2 years ago or so that, up until then, I'd been a weird fucker. I was just an odd kid who did odd things, in a "I don't really want to be around this guy" way.

I've gotten better, but I still have moments where I do strange things which seem completely sane at the time.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36094
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:26 am

Dead Herald wrote:I was fat, bluntly intellectual and socially inept. Thus I got beat up in school all the time. No one really liked me and other kids would find ways to humiliate me. I never managed to keep a friend for very long and always had my nose in a game system because of this. 25-30 years later, this has not really changed. Things got worse when my mother went to work as a nurse and I became a latchkey kid some days, and got beat up by my father on others.

That's pretty fucked. Some things stick for life, ey?

reg42 wrote:I like stuff to be organised sometimes. I'm not saying like "that would look better here", I mean spending ages sorting and organising crap for no reason. Then other times I couldn't care in the slightest, it's weird.

It only dawned on me about 2 years ago or so that, up until then, I'd been a weird fucker. I was just an odd kid who did odd things, in a "I don't really want to be around this guy" way.

I've gotten better, but I still have moments where I do strange things which seem completely sane at the time.

I do the same. I fucking love writings lists and organising my books from tallest to shortest spine lengths. I thought it was normal too, but apparently not.

I have a way of recognising my own problems - like being kind of a weird bitch, having a strange sense of humour (compared to the general public) - and instead of aiming to fix them, I just accept that I have a problem and live with it.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:30 am

NightSwimming wrote:
Dead Herald wrote:I was fat, bluntly intellectual and socially inept. Thus I got beat up in school all the time. No one really liked me and other kids would find ways to humiliate me. I never managed to keep a friend for very long and always had my nose in a game system because of this. 25-30 years later, this has not really changed. Things got worse when my mother went to work as a nurse and I became a latchkey kid some days, and got beat up by my father on others.

That's pretty fucked. Some things stick for life, ey?

*shrug*

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:34 am

NightSwimming wrote:I do the same. I fucking love writings lists and organising my books from tallest to shortest spine lengths. I thought it was normal too, but apparently not.

I have a way of recognising my own problems - like being kind of a weird bitch, having a strange sense of humour (compared to the general public) - and instead of aiming to fix them, I just accept that I have a problem and live with it.
I arrange my books by author in the order they were released. One day I ran into a problem where I had large hardcovers next to A5 softcovers. Obviously, this was too much for my brain to handle. I still haven't found a way to organise them so they don't annoy me as soon as I look at them.

I also refused to buy CDs which wouldn't fit into my CD racks. I solved this by making a CD cover myself which could fit into the rack, and putting the real case somewhere else. My CDs are also sorted alphabetically by artist and then by the year of release after that.

Goddamn. That seemed a lot less crazy before I put it into words.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36094
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:41 am

I think what disturbs me most about my childhood is the number of people who say that everything that happened was my fault.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:56 am

Some parts of my childhood where cool. Some weren't, all fun and games in the end though.

Errm I injured myself quite a bit. A&E and what not. Been there too many times.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47407
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:03 pm

NightSwimming wrote:I used to be a picky eater as a kid. I grew out of it though. I think all kids can be like that. You could probably train yourself out of it if it was an extreme negative.

Hehe, not while I still live with my family.

Xandy wrote:

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alkaline

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:25 am

Dead Herald wrote:I think what disturbs me most about my childhood is the number of people who say that everything that happened was my fault.

In my case, there isn't any blame. Just confusion. I was never exposed to anything bad as a child. No abuse, neglect etc. If anything I should be mental now. Is your mother the one pushing the blame onto you?

PayJ567 wrote:Some parts of my childhood where cool. Some weren't, all fun and games in the end though.

Were you that lanky little kid with the tiny limbs and big kneebones and elbows? That's what I'm picturing you as. Really bad at controlling your extremities!

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:55 am

@NS: I wish it was just her.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 am

I was just fucking weird.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38765
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

NightSwimming wrote:
Pararaptor wrote:I was a compulsive liar up until 13, when I kinda turned myself around.

I knew a compulsive liar. She really fucked her life up. Her father is a policeman. One day she had a mental breakdown, faked her own kidnapping, rolled around in the dirt and scruffed herself up. She then called the police and when it came down to her giving an official statement she told them it was all a lie. Pretty controversial.

That was the worst of it.

Whoa.

Do I know this girl?

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 am

@Millky. Yeah ya do. Jorja Lee's older sister Tynealle...who almost drowned me in a car accident. Dat famalie be fukd!

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by PickledOnionThighs on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 am

What a fucked up piece of shit.

I know a girl that lies about unimportant shit that no one cares about.
They're the worst type of people. Lying for lying's sake.

PickledOnionThighs
Actually, they're fried

Leprechaun Gold : 2406
Pineapple Power : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 am

I only lie if I'm going to make a friend out of it. Laughing

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 am

NightSwimming wrote:@Millky. Yeah ya do. Jorja Lee's older sister Tynealle...who almost drowned me in a car accident. Dat famalie be fukd!
Oh, I thought you might have been talking about Jorja.

Shit. They're all insane.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 am

No, no. I wasn't talking about Jorja, I was talking about her older sister.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 am

No I know, I meant that I thought you might have been prior to your clarification.

FUCKITNEVERMIND

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am

But yes, they're ALL insane. Well, not the youngest. That kid's just retarded

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am

Is he ever

haha

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:32 am

You know he's as bad as he is because as a baby he had constant seizures. The parents refused to believe there was anything wrong with the child so they never sought medical help. Now they ruined his life. GOOD JOB!

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 am

...Really?

Goddamnit. Wait, are Jorja and her sister insane due to the parents as well?

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 am

They've got 5 children. The older two had it really rough as kids. They raised the younger three. Tynealle was never allowed to get new clothes or any toys. Her whole day revolved around doing chores. Ronan got spoiled (like getting McDonalds and going to the cinema most weekends) because he was the youngest and retarded. Then Jorja got it easy as shit because she was young too. They used to buy chips and yoghurt for school snacks. Only Jorja and Ronan were allowed them. The rest of the kids were allowed a piece of fruit and ONE sandwich. If they wanted fruit after school or on the weekends they had to ask and sometimes they were told they couldn't have it. SO FUCKED. I became friends with Tynealle and pretty much became family. But I would tell Loraine (mother) to fuck off and make her own cups of tea. I was a smart arse. If I was hungry, I'd make food. I didn't give a fuck.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 am

You go girl.

Worth noting, every single person I've met named Tynealle has been a complete bitch. And I've met a few.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 am

NightSwimming wrote:They've got 5 children. The older two had it really rough as kids. They raised the younger three. Tynealle was never allowed to get new clothes or any toys. Her whole day revolved around doing chores. Ronan got spoiled (like getting McDonalds and going to the cinema most weekends) because he was the youngest and retarded. Then Jorja got it easy as shit because she was young too. They used to buy chips and yoghurt for school snacks. Only Jorja and Ronan were allowed them. The rest of the kids were allowed a piece of fruit and ONE sandwich. If they wanted fruit after school or on the weekends they had to ask and sometimes they were told they couldn't have it. SO FUCKED. I became friends with Tynealle and pretty much became family. But I would tell Loraine (mother) to fuck off and make her own cups of tea. I was a smart arse. If I was hungry, I'd make food. I didn't give a fuck.
That's insanely retarded. Were they denying the older kids fruit even as the spoiled Jorja and Ronan? What shit shit people.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 am

No, even the younger ones had to ask for food & fruit if they were hungry. Because the older two basically raised their siblings they would take out their anger on them by not feeding them. Where the parents were at these times is unknown...

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Terria on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Mmmreally? Maybe you should try doing something about that.

I'll hit you so fucking hard your children be born with dits! Your grandchildren will be born with dits!
Terria
Michele Bachmann

Leprechaun Gold : 22080
Pineapple Power : 17072

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:35 pm

NightSwimming wrote:
Dead Herald wrote:I think what disturbs me most about my childhood is the number of people who say that everything that happened was my fault.

In my case, there isn't any blame. Just confusion. I was never exposed to anything bad as a child. No abuse, neglect etc. If anything I should be mental now. Is your mother the one pushing the blame onto you?

PayJ567 wrote:Some parts of my childhood where cool. Some weren't, all fun and games in the end though.

Were you that lanky little kid with the tiny limbs and big kneebones and elbows? That's what I'm picturing you as. Really bad at controlling your extremities!
Still waiting to fill out.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47407
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 am

Alcohol wrote:Got a mental block when I was around 7-8 and wound up not being able to write ANYTHING creative in a classroom, either for fear of plagiarism or being laughed at. That mental block persists even today and it's fucking wrecked my life. Sad

AKA a "fear of writing". Thanks, Mitch.

But yeah, to reiterate, I picked up a fear of writing in the later years of primary school, which took a long time to get over, and even then, I still haven't gotten over it completely.

Xandy wrote:

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alkaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top