Banned 'headshop drugs' available online

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Banned 'headshop drugs' available online

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 pm

To fit into the theme of the forum as whole, I thought I'd start with this:
A report has found that many banned psychoactive substances are available for purchase online, with some being sold as food products
A new report has found many psychoactive substances, which were banned last year, are available for purchase online.

Researchers found curiosity and availability were the main reasons people consumed products bought in head shops.

The National Advisory Committee on Drugs says vigilance is needed to monitor new substances, which may come onto the market.

Since legislation to counter the sale of psychoactive substances last year, over 90 head shops around the country have closed.

This report examines what was in the products being sold in these stores, what was known about their effects and possible responses to the issues surrounding supply and use of the substances.

Users tended to have a history of illegal drug use. While many reported negative side effects, just 1.5% of respondents sought medical or psychological help as a result.

Researchers at Dublin Institute of Technology have found many banned substances are still readily available for purchase over the internet, with some now being sold as food products.

Many claim to be legal, but when analysed were found to be illegal here.

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned 'headshop drugs' available online

Post by Dead Herald on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Not surprising. Do you know how often they find drugs at UPS?

Ok, not very often. But that's because the scrutiny is on employees. But I know for a fact that a large number of drug transactions occur through package distrbution companies, usually right under their noses.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Leprechaun Gold : 9212
Pineapple Power : 1652

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Who the fuck would buy drugs online?

That's one hell of a gamble.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14616
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 pm

They're head-shop drugs, stuff you could buy for other reasons but they were always used to get high, the Irish government banned the head-shops a while back because "Researchers found curiosity and availability were the main reasons people consumed products bought in head shops."
Needless to say, the Internet obviously replaced them.

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Proof once more that making something illegal does little to prevent it.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47409
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 pm

PayJ567 wrote:Proof once more that making something illegal does little to prevent it.

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
PayJ567 wrote:Proof once more that making something illegal does little to prevent it.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Now for serious time.

If you cut off access to the supply, less people will obviously be using the drug, if all drugs were legal you could just pop down to the shop and buy them, rather than having to find a dealer and watch out for the police.
Furthermore, which is easier? Going down to the shop to purchase something or purchasing it on-line?

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:

Now for serious time.

If you cut off access to the supply, less people will obviously be using the drug, if all drugs were legal you could just pop down to the shop and buy them, rather than having to find a dealer and watch out for the police.
Furthermore, which is easier? Going down to the shop to purchase something or purchasing it on-line?
There was no serious time! They stole it.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:Furthermore, which is easier? Going down to the shop to purchase something or purchasing it on-line?
Online.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36096
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:Furthermore, which is easier? Going down to the shop to purchase something or purchasing it on-line?
Online.
Deliver pizza to your door and never leave your seat. The modern age.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

reg42 wrote:
Online.
I disagree, let's say for example....a new television, it is far easier to go down to the local retailer, purchase and bring it home than it is to go on-line, search for it, give the site or person your payment details AND trust that the product your getting is what was advertised.

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
I disagree, let's say for example....a new television, it is far easier to go down to the local retailer, purchase and bring it home than it is to go on-line, search for it, give the site or person your payment details AND trust that the product your getting is what was advertised.
Well no, because you never have to leave your house. Buying a game on Steam, for example, is far easier than driving through the 5 minutes of traffic it takes me to get to my local shops, finding the game I want, and then driving through 5 minutes more of traffic. That trip to the shops is gonna take me about 30 minutes total if I'm not rushing, as opposed to spending 2 minutes entering my credit card details then 30 seconds walking to my postbox.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 pm

reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
Well no, because you never have to leave your house. Buying a game on Steam, for example, is far easier than driving through the 5 minutes of traffic it takes me to get to my local shops, finding the game I want, and then driving through 5 minutes more of traffic. That trip to the shops is gonna take me about 30 minutes total if I'm not rushing, as opposed to spending 2 minutes entering my credit card details then 30 seconds walking to my postbox.
You're speaking from a matter of preference, not ease, buying things in real-life usually involves less hassle, therefore is easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
You're speaking from a matter of preference, not ease, buying things in real-life usually involves less hassle, therefore is easier.
What? No. What?

How is spending half an hour at the shops easier than not getting off my ass until the package arrives?

And yes, I am speaking of a matter of preference, but my preference comes from the fact that one is easier than the other.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:57 pm

reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
What? No. What?

How is spending half an hour at the shops easier than not getting off my ass until the package arrives?

And yes, I am speaking of a matter of preference, but my preference comes from the fact that one is easier than the other.
Very well, the Internet is the easier, if slothful, alternative.

However, you can not state that availability has not gone down.

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
What? No. What?

Oh no, I have no problem with that point.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 pm

reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
What? No. What?

Then we are in agreement.

ARGUMENT RESOLVED!

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:
reg42 wrote:
Online.
What? No. What?

Then we are in agreement.

ARGUMENT RESOLVED!
TIME FOR PARTY

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

THERE IS NO NAME CALLING AND GRITTY BLOOD FEUDS.

Argument is not over!

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm

PayJ567 wrote:THERE IS NO NAME CALLING AND GRITTY BLOOD FEUDS.

Argument is not over!

YOU FUCKING DRUGGED UP DEGENERATE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:

Argument is not over!

LOOOOOOOUUUUUDDDDDD NOOOOOISSSSEEESSS

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Komrade Kharloth wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:

Argument is not over!

STOP MAKING A SCENE!

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Niggers errywhere.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 pm

PayJ567 wrote:Niggers errywhere.

Hide your bikes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
Komrade Kharloth wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:

Argument is not over!

STOP MAKING A SCENE!

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 pm

NIGGA STOLE MY ELECTION!

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Leprechaun Gold : 9212
Pineapple Power : 1652

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Hahaha and this is the serious forum.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Nigger stole my pills

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:

Ripping off Alex Slavros?

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Komrade Kharloth wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:

Ripping off Alex Slavros?
He didn't make that one actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

While I think the guy is a douche, I do find his works interesting.

His confuse liberals make me laugh.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Komrade Kharloth wrote:While I think the guy is a douche, I do find his works interesting.

Ah, I take it you watch him on DeviantART?

LINK ME TO YOUR PAGE IMMEDIATELY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
Komrade Kharloth wrote:While I think the guy is a douche, I do find his works interesting.

I don't have any artwork, I just page through people's galleries, I'm a writer, not an artist.

But anyway: http://kharloth.deviantart.com/

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Komrade Kharloth wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:

I don't have any artwork, I just page through people's galleries, I'm a writer, not an artist.

Why you no have favorites?

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:
Komrade Kharloth wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:

Why you no have favorites?
I just page through shit, I don't subscribe or favourite pics or people.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Demented Teddy wrote:

Now for serious time.

Problem is that rarely will a law sever the supply lines effectively. Look at Ganja. That was moved to Class B as a deterrent to the massive criminal industry. No significant impact has been made. For every dealer that goes down, another one sets up shop.

I have to agree with those people on the radio, who I will go search, whom declared the war on drugs had been lost. There was no way the government could win.

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26746
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:52 pm

MW wrote:
Demented Teddy wrote:

Now for serious time.

Problem is that rarely will a law sever the supply lines effectively. Look at Ganja. That was moved to Class B as a deterrent to the massive criminal industry. No significant impact has been made. For every dealer that goes down, another one sets up shop.

I have to agree with those people on the radio, who I will go search, whom declared the war on drugs had been lost. There was no way the government could win.
They can, if they were willing to give law enforcement greater means of...enforcement.

Whether such a means is justified by the end result is debatable though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top