RighteousBadman Reviews: Intergalactic Death Potato

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RighteousBadman Reviews: Intergalactic Death Potato

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 pm

INTERGALACTIC DEATH POTATO

You could be fooled into thinking this is merely a collection of bizarre sounds and noises. That would be the point where I would have to throw rocks at you, until the point you squealed like my harlot Iranian ex-wife. Anyway, the album comes fresh from the mind of self-proclaimed musical genius, Tom Langton. The concept for the album came from the lack of anything at all resembling music, commonly found in the music of F.E.M.I (presumed to stand for Failed Effort to Musically Inspire). Langton plays on this concept with many of the tracks featuring what I can only describe as the noises a potato might make whilst quite severely constipated.

What if music was really to be so ingenious that it did not resemble music itself?

This is Langton's niche. Tracks on the album shock the listener with the sheer concentration of abstact madness, such as the instrumental lunacy heard in Pneumatic Watermelon Slicer I & II. Both parts do an effective job of portraying the abstract feelings this album represents. The opening track is a distorted monologue read aloud, with a voice reminiscent of Christian Bale's performance in the dark night. It varies from vaguely understandable to the incomprehensible gibberish, akin to that of a greviously mutilated tragedy of men's proffessional boxing.

I Need A Cheese Sandwich (Really Really Badly) appears to bear more in common with what one might recognise as music. The lyrics flow in a gentle pattern, punctuated with feral growling and accompanied by the disconnected plucks of a eukalalie. The title track (Intergalactic Death Potato) takes on a futuristic feel yet maintains a certain primal rage, strongly emphasised by the bongo's and powerful spiritual chant. The chanting builds and builds until the listener is fullly immersed into what feels like a jungle on a far-away planet, populated solely by three-legged jugglers who seek only to devour your still beating pancreas so that they may battle with their life-threatening type two Diabetes and finally defeat the evil King Insulinus so that they may once again live in harmony free from the troubles of being unable to control their blood sugars.

The finale, A Moment Of Silence(Inbetween Me Hitting Glasses(And Shouting))), leaves the listener reeling for more with its powerful opening melody followed by a rhythmic vocal accompaniment before descending into dystopian roars and fading to near-silence. Only to be re-awakened by a series of loud rumbling noise. All of a sudden, the jungle is around you once again. The familiar gleeful chiming can still be heard intermittently as yet more growling provokes the reader to fear and cherish this otherworldly experience.

In summary, this album can only lead to the conclusion that somewhere, far into outer space, a tribe of feral cannabalistic potato people are preparing to strike.

Five out of five L.Jacksons

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26796
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Re: RighteousBadman Reviews: Intergalactic Death Potato

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Yes that image did take longer the review itself... but it DOES look purdy!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Pig Fecal Police on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm

That review was magnificent =) Thank you for spending the time to do it!

"Huggy Bear. Oh yeah." - Lee Dorian
Vicious Pig Fecal Police
I'll take it to gringoland

Leprechaun Gold : 2681
Pineapple Power : 2
Alignment : Most of the heroin geonhamkke people

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Nawh its cool Smile Boredom is my inspiration!(and drugs)

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top