The Den of Inequity

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Den of Inequity

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 5:19 pm

"God bless you, ma'am! I'm lucky people like you exist. I'll repay your kindness!" exclaimed Matthews. That was awfully fortunate! Things were looking up. He headed into the office and waited against the wall.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26796
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 5:26 pm

The kick struck Ozymandias under his arm. He didn't feel it, thanks to the armour, but was knocked to the floor by the force. His hips hurt like hell. Winded, he gasped in air.

"Little fucker...... Take a cheap shot on an old man!...." He paused briefly before giving in "What if I told you I was carrying enouch C4 to blow this place to kingdom come?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 5:32 pm

"What?!"

Timin was visibly shocked. Then he regained composure.

"You almost had me there you fucking fossil. You're suicidal enough to blow the shit out of yourself just to get one guy? Be my guest, you clearly live one sad fucking life."

Timin lent down and grabbed Ozymandias' arm.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36146
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Caoimhe walked into her rented room, too per-occupied to be bothered with the scuffle going on outside, she went over to the sink and inspected herself in the mirror for a moment. "I need to bathe soon" she thought to herself, turning away she grabbed her jacket and scarf and threw them on, as well as her makeshift gloves.

She packed her things, had her Carbine tied around her shoulder, her travel bag strapped around the other shoulder, her SMG in her holster and her Machete in a sheathe around her hips, ready for the journey.
She stepped out of her room and started heading towards the main office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 6:03 pm

"Leave me alone, you ruffian" he grumbled. With much effort, Ozymandias got to his feet using the man as support. He wasn't the man he used to be. In his prime, he could have floored him with a single uppercut. Those days were long gone.
He sighed, remembering the situation "Who do you think you are beating an old man down in the street?"

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Timin chuckled to himself.

"You were so sure of yourself a second ago. Looks like age is getting the best of you."

Timin put his brass knuckles away.

"That was interesting. Not much of a challenge, but interesting, I'll give you that much."

Timin turned on his heels and began to walk away.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Passing the two men whom were fighting, Caoimhe decided to stop in the gift shop first.
Hassled again by the man who owns the shop to buy some Dinosaur toys, she insisted with a hint of anger that she does not want anything to do with such useless wastes of money.
The man reluctantly ceased pestering her and exchanged his goods for her caps.

Heading across the tarmac, she entered the office and greeted the group of soldiers.

"So, what's the problem with your journey? Lost or too dangerous?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

"There you are! I thought you would never come!" Matthews exclaimed. "Bit of both. We went wrong somewhere back up by Boulder City. To make matters worse, we lost everyone to them Fiends, 'cept me Sarge and the Private, that is. Thing is Private Ryan broke his arm getting beat with a lead pipe and Sarge... well... Um... Not sure how to say this... but Bruce over there tells me Sarge has managed to knock himself out, headbutting that wall outside... Yeah, he gets awful worked up sometimes... His wife just ran off with a brahmin baron out west..." Realising what he was saying, Matthews shifted awkwardly in his stance. "Yeah, Doc reckons it could be a few days for him to come to...... maybe... uh... longer..."

"You'll hang around right....right?"

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Ozymandias ached like fuck... He shuffled over to the motel. He needed to rest his wounds. Besides, he got so tired these days, a nap do any harm. He headed towards his room. Stopping when he noticed, the NCR in the lobby. Intrigued, he moved with great effort towards the motel office and sat down in the chair in the corner.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 pm

@Matthews

"I need to be making some some of living, there's not much scavenging left around here and no-one needs anything repaired or in need of a mercenary or body-guard of some sort, so, it's not in my interest to stay around here."
Her arms folded, looking to the side, sighing. "I don't know..."

Looking back "I mean, to stay here, I'll have to pay for the room each night and I'm down to 87 caps, you do the math, why should I stay here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Timin was tired. The excitement from the stand off had worn off , and the sleep he had didn't help very much. To make matters worse, people were staring at him and muttering.

He'd fucked up. The thrill of a fight had gotten the better of him - he was meant to lay low.

"Fuck this place," he thought angrily, "I'm not some sort of freaky show for people to stare at."

He'd wanted to stay longer but that wasn't an option anymore. He'd leave soon... After a sleep.

He went into the motel courtyard and stopped by the broken window. He looked around, no one was there.

"It's a good thing this place is so quiet."

He climbed through the window and lay on the bed. He got back up, grabbed the blanket and hung it over the window frame.

"Just in case."

He took off his shoes, lay on the bed, and tried to get some rest.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 6:41 pm

"Look lady, I'll refund all of this when I get back to Primm. But right now I don't have a dime. I appreciate your kindness but I really can't just leave now without the Sarge."

"I'll go" said a voice from the corner. Ozymandias had been listening for a while now and had seen the opportunity to travel the Mojave. "I know a good route". He turned to the woman "If you get desperate, you can always share my room" He grinned to reveal several dull metallic teeth, ruining his smile.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Irving awoke with a snort, he had dozed off, his mouth was dry as sunbaked bones, he gulped several mouthfuls of water. There were a handful more people walking about, an old man in a ranger uniform, some traveller wearing a huge trenchcoat, and an brutal looking longhaired man a t-shirt.

He took a gulp of cheap rum that tasted like rotting wood from his flask. He started to walk through the other end of the town.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14666
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 6:51 pm

She thought about it for a moment, turning to look out the window.

Turning her head slightly, barely enough to see the side of her face, Caoimhe said "Fine, I suppose I may be hard pressed to find work elsewhere so might as well sit on this one"

She chuckled, turned around to face the men and said, with a softer expression on her face. "How long do you reckon we'll be waiting?"

Without waiting for a response she turned her head to face the old man and said "and I suppose a free room is a free room, which number is it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Irving noticed the old man was talking to some woman, probably his daughter or hell, grand-daughter for all he knew. He approached them

"Oi, either one of you wouldn't happen to know how to get to the nearest NCR base would ya?

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 pm

"Oi, either one of you wouldn't happen to know how to get to the nearest NCR base would ya?"
Caoimhe turned to see the man who posed the question, scruffy looking fellow, about her age.

Responding she said "You should probably ask the soldiers here but we have them preoccupied, if you could just wait a minute or two...."

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 pm

"Goddammit, I just can't catch a break. 30 minutes of sleep is all I wanted."

Timin got up and got dressed. It was clear that now that he was awake, he was awake. He was in a foul mood, a mood not suited to climbing through windows. He rammed the door and the lock gave out. That made a lot of noise, but he didn't care - he was in a dreadful mood.

He stood outside the room, still, while inside his head he was both telling himself how petty he's being and how everything was against him. He tried to make his mind up about what to do next.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 7:00 pm

"No problem"

He sat down on the his pack, "Names Irving, Irv for short, so what brings you folks out to the mojave at a time like this?"

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 7:06 pm

"Three. I'm Ozymandias. You can call me Oz." Ozymandias smiled warmly. "I'l see you up there" He headed back to his room. He waited for the door to shut, before shouting "Who's the daddy? I AM!". Pausing, to check no one heard. He still had the magic touch. Pa had always said it was something in the Hostetler blood. He eased down on to the bed.

Within minutes, he was asleep.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Caoimhe, still staring in shock at the office door....

"Aaaaaaaaanyway,

hey Irving, my name's Caoimhe", going over to shake his hand

OOC:
If I was not meant to hear that then disregard the cyan coloured text.

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Timin decided that arguing with himself was just a waste of time. He decided to practice using his throwing knives - he needed to be good with them in case he was ever caught in long range combat... Plus, it could help him calm down.

He walked about 10 meters away from the motel and starting throwing knives at the building.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 7:13 pm

"Sorry Ma'am, my mind wanders.....um... Sorry what was I saying? Oh Sarge, right! Doc says it could be a week but you never know he could make a miracle recovery!" Matthews optimism fell flat in this crowd. "And sir we're heading in that direction we just have to get some people together, so the patrol can get going...Oh and wait for Sarge to recover, of course!" He noticed a man dawdling outside. "Anything else? I'm just going to go check on Sarge."

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud Pause Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud

Ozymandias came to. Sounded like someone was trying to punch through the walls. Groggily, he headed outside, not much better off for the hour of sleep. The sun was setting on the horizon... and some muppet was throwing knives at the wall...

"Not you again! Can't you let a man rest in peace?!" Called Ozymandias.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 7:20 pm

@ Matthew:

With a smile on her face "Well, I have a free room for the week so it should not be too bad, go check on your sergeant there so"

@ Irving

Turning back to the man she was about to shake hands with "What was I...Oh yes, I'm just a drifter, I deal in scavenging, repairing firearms and doing work as a mercenary, I've no real place to be. Well, what's your story then?"

what's your story then?"

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 7:22 pm

@Ozymandias

"God oh. Really? Now is not the right time to get on my nerves."

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm

"Well, joined up with the NCR 5th Infantry about a decade ago, fought here fought there, and after my term was up I became a bounty hunter, came out to the Mojave in search of more challenging game and bigger payoffs, fiends, khans, legion troops, I've bagged them all"

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 7:36 pm

@Reg42

Noting the knives, Ozymandias halted, thought and headed down the steps. He reached into his jacket and removed a hatchet. With all his strength, he threw it at the wall. It wedged itsself several inches in the wall.

"Forgot to practice with my axes....Memory isn't what it used be" he murmured.

After a few practice tosses, he ventured "So heading off on this NCR escapade?"

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 7:40 pm

@Irving

"Quite a tale you have there...Irving" replied Matthew "I should look forward to hearing more if you were to join us. Now if you don't mind, I must be checking up on the sergeant. Goodbye"And with that, Matthews left the room.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Irving watched the trooper climb the stairs, he turned to the woman.

"So, you joining them as well? Never hurts to have an extra gun on the road"

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

@ Irving

Watching the soldier leave she looks back at Irving.

"Yep, I'm pretty good with my rifle, tell me, what's your favourite means of dropping fuckers?"

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 7:45 pm

@Ozymandias

Timin noted the depth at which Ozymandias had wedged the hatchet in the wall.

"Not a bad throwing arm you've got there. And to answer your question, no I'm not. I'll be fucked before I join up with the NCR. I don't support mass murderers."

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 7:47 pm

@Teddy

".308 in the chest usually, blade across the throat if they're wearing something I'll have trouble punching through, I like to be the last thing the never see"

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 7:55 pm

@ Irving
Caoimhe nods and raises her carbine, that was hanging from the strap around her shoulder, in her hand.

"This is my baby, a 5.56mm semi-automatic carbine, best of both a sniper and an automatic rifle, long range, fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, the strength of a sniper but with good rate of fire, it's in good condition too, as you can see"
Caoimhe shows her rifle to Irving, showing off her maintenance work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 pm

@Timin

"Mass murderers? They might have killed a few junkie raiders but it was to ensure peace and save lives. I served most of my life with them... Sure they left me for dead....I don't approve of that... But look around half of these wouldn't trust the NCR to milk their brahmin... Still wouldn't pass up on a quick buck... Fucking babysitting! All you have to do is make sure we get to Primm. Simple enough?"

Ozymandias went to retrieve his hatchets. There was some difficulty removing them from the wall...

"You got a good aim" He said.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

@Teddy

"Holeeeshit! I ain't seen one of those for years, good piece of kit, better than most of the stuff the rangers get"

He held out his pack

"Smoke?"

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 8:07 pm

@Ozymandias

Timin followed Ozymandias to get his knives.

"Maybe... I don't know. Primm..."

Timin took his knives out the wall one by one, placing them in the holster at his hip.

"I guess I could go along, it's not like I have anything better to do... But if those fuckers give me any trouble they're through."

Timin stood silence for a few seconds.

"How's your shoulder doing?"

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 18, 2011 8:07 pm

@ Kharloth
"I have my own" she said as she took out her pack.

"Want to head outside for it?" she asked.

"Also", she said as she was about to head towards the door. "I do repairs on firearms, if you have the caps I can improve the quality of your weapon"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 8:12 pm

@Irving & Caoimhe

Matthews stormed back into the office.

"Hey fellas! Sarge just got back up, turns out he's fine! I knew we shouldn'ta trusted that no good wasteland doctor. I told him I found some help, he wasn't too happy but wants to leave ASAP"

"Are you all ready to go?"

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed May 18, 2011 8:16 pm

@Timin

"Hurts like something from a Vegas Hooker... But I'll put it down to sleeping awkwardly."

He shuffled back away from the wall. "Don't worry about the NCR... What's a cripple and two eejits going to do to a-"

Ozymandias was cut off as Matthews rushed outside.

"Sarge is alive and kicking and wants to go now. I'll explain later. You ready?"

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed May 18, 2011 8:18 pm

@Matthews

"Hey, jackass. I want in."

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down