New Vegas

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 pm

reg42 wrote:It's so great. I'm completely in love with it.
I'm actually surprised at how much I've taken to liking my companions. I'm done playing for the night, but as soon as I get home tomorrow, me and Boone are gonna go savage on some Legion ass.
I love that the companions now have stories! I've been working on ED-E's story, but I kind of have a feeling we might find out more about Boone's wife. Although, maybe they put Boone's story upfront, but from what I hear, ED-E isn't the only companion who has quests after you get them.

Furburt wrote:Here's my character!



He makes life tough for the Legion.

His name's Sebastian, incidentally.
I named mine Ruby, then within 6 minutes of playing, found a Ruby. It's rather knocked the wind out of my sails. I thought I was special.

Sebastian is looking pretty bad ass there.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 pm

meganmeave wrote:
I named mine Ruby, then within 6 minutes of playing, found a Ruby. It's rather knocked the wind out of my sails. I thought I was special.

Sebastian is looking pretty bad ass there.

Hey, my cat's named Ruby!

Anyway, I tried to make Sebastian look like someone, but then forgot who. I think he looks a bit like Kris Kristopherson, or maybe Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Furburt wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
I named mine Ruby, then within 6 minutes of playing, found a Ruby. It's rather knocked the wind out of my sails. I thought I was special.

Sebastian is looking pretty bad ass there.

Hey, my cat's named Ruby!

Anyway, I tried to make Sebastian look like someone, but then forgot who. I think he looks a bit like Kris Kristopherson, or maybe Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart.

If you ask me, he looks a bit like Liam Wilson from TDEP.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Posts : 1489
Leprechaun Gold : 14399
Pineapple Power : 10216
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Lawful Derp
Location : Somewhere in Time

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Unabletothinkofname wrote:

If you ask me, he looks a bit like Liam Wilson from TDEP.

From a distance, yes, but not up close.

For some reason, photobucket tends to make my screenshots much smaller when I upload them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Furburt wrote:el snip
Very well.
In most things I inevitably manage to draw a comparison to at least one member of my Top 9 (Yes, I've given up on the Top 5 now) bands.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Posts : 1489
Leprechaun Gold : 14399
Pineapple Power : 10216
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Lawful Derp
Location : Somewhere in Time

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Furburt wrote:
Hey, my cat's named Ruby!

Anyway, I tried to make Sebastian look like someone, but then forgot who. I think he looks a bit like Kris Kristopherson, or maybe Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart.
Both would be awesome in the wastes. Jeff Bridges would be a very agreeable wastelander, and I've seen Kris make some cool weapons. You know... if we are basing them on the movie roles I picked.

And Ruby is an awesome cat name. I picked it because I was thinking of a lady sitting on a broken down porch, looking out at the tumbleweeds, maybe smoking a cigar, with a shotgun at her side. Then I thought, she should have awesome red hair and a hat, and then it just seemed natural she be called Ruby.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by reg42 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:29 pm

meganmeave wrote:
reg42 wrote:It's so great. I'm completely in love with it.
I'm actually surprised at how much I've taken to liking my companions. I'm done playing for the night, but as soon as I get home tomorrow, me and Boone are gonna go savage on some Legion ass.
I love that the companions now have stories! I've been working on ED-E's story, but I kind of have a feeling we might find out more about Boone's wife. Although, maybe they put Boone's story upfront, but from what I hear, ED-E isn't the only companion who has quests after you get them.
Yeah ED-E isn't.

I've got Cass and Boone so far and I've done Cass' quest. Cass kicks so much ass once you finish her quest it's scary. She took out about 5 Fiends and one of their bosses just by herself. It's kinda embarrassing to be the one standing next to her actually.

I'm busy trying to get Boone to trust me enough to give me his quest. I know what happened to his wife, it's quite touching actually.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
avatar
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Posts : 3298
Leprechaun Gold : 36094
Pineapple Power : 30214
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 24
Alignment : Chaotically good looking
Location : The Deep South

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Suki the Cat on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:33 pm

I'll post a pic of mine later too! named her Yuki, I've modded my game quite heavily tho, so I play a child =3.

I've also just finished a new shotgun I've thrown into the game and started working on the mesh for a Scoped Kar98k, but I've become so much lazier on the modding front since my days with Oblivion, so progress is slow =3.

Due to my modding I haven't actually gotten too much done on the story or any side quests, I'm just testing mods, fixing bugs and adding stuff I find missing or wrong so my first play-trough will be perfect =3.

Suki the Cat
And don't ask for his first name!

Posts : 10
Leprechaun Gold : 2562
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Suki the Cat wrote:I've modded my game quite heavily tho, so I play a child =3.

Wow, it's like Kick Ass meets Mad Max!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:33 pm

reg42 wrote:Yeah ED-E isn't.

I've got Cass and Boone so far and I've done Cass' quest. Cass kicks so much ass once you finish her quest it's scary. She took out about 5 Fiends and one of their bosses just by herself. It's kinda embarrassing to be the one standing next to her actually.

I'm busy trying to get Boone to trust me enough to give me his quest. I know what happened to his wife, it's quite touching actually.
I got Boone to trust me last night. His story is sad. Sad

But then I found Rex last night as well. And he had a funny and easy side quest. I don't know if he has another one or not, since I got the little Wild Wasteland symbol when I found Rex's sidequest.

I'm having trouble letting go of ED-E now that I've finished his quest. I've become even more attached to these guys. Plus I think ED-E is adorable. After I finished Rex's quest I ran back to find ED-E.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by reg42 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm

meganmeave wrote:I got Boone to trust me last night. His story is sad. Sad

But then I found Rex last night as well. And he had a funny and easy side quest. I don't know if he has another one or not, since I got the little Wild Wasteland symbol when I found Rex's sidequest.

I'm having trouble letting go of ED-E now that I've finished his quest. I've become even more attached to these guys. Plus I think ED-E is adorable. After I finished Rex's quest I ran back to find ED-E.
I never did manage to get Boone to give me his quest, I think it's bugged. It's a shame, because I really like Boone.

I've found some more companions actually. Veronica is a timid looking girl who likes to punch people to death with a power fist (very funny to watch). I also found Rex and Lily. I like Rex (he's no Dogmeat though), but Lily... I dunno, she kinda annoys me. I didn't use her for very long at all.

Who are you choosing to support, as a matter of interest? I'm either going with the NCR or Mr House on this playthrough, and then the Legion or with Yes Man on my next one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
avatar
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Posts : 3298
Leprechaun Gold : 36094
Pineapple Power : 30214
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 24
Alignment : Chaotically good looking
Location : The Deep South

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Managed to remember the console command to detach the camera and turn off the menus (tfc and tm, if you're interested), so I can get some good screenshots now.

And yep, it's Sebastian again.



I really must get the unique version of that rifle, it's got a scope.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Walnutman on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Furburt wrote:Managed to remember the console command to detach the camera and turn off the menus (tfc and tm, if you're interested), so I can get some good screenshots now.

And yep, it's Sebastian again.



I really must get the unique version of that rifle, it's got a scope.

Aww that looks so cool!

I wish my computer was able to run it, I would have got it for the pc then, ah well.
avatar
Walnutman
Refuses to Let Humanity Be Undermined by Robotics

Posts : 1932
Leprechaun Gold : 6873
Pineapple Power : 617
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 22
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Walnutman wrote:

Aww that looks so cool!

I wish my computer was able to run it, I would have got it for the pc then, ah well.

It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:00 pm

reg42 wrote:I never did manage to get Boone to give me his quest, I think it's bugged. It's a shame, because I really like Boone.

I've found some more companions actually. Veronica is a timid looking girl who likes to punch people to death with a power fist (very funny to watch). I also found Rex and Lily. I like Rex (he's no Dogmeat though), but Lily... I dunno, she kinda annoys me. I didn't use her for very long at all.

Who are you choosing to support, as a matter of interest? I'm either going with the NCR or Mr House on this playthrough, and then the Legion or with Yes Man on my next one.
Bummer on the Boone thing. He gave it to me after I went through Nelson, and released some strung up NCR folk there. I don't know if that was the trigger exactly, since I was running around doing lots of stuff with him before I did that.

Is Veronica the one with the hood? I saw her, but I had gotten Boone not too long before and didn't pick her up. But I noted where she was. I found Lily, and I'll use her for the Jacobstown quest, but I didn't know she'd get annoying. I also found some doctor dude, at least it seems like he might come with you. It had the dialog option.

Oooh! Someone called "Yes Man?" I haven't met them yet! I haven't decided on NCR or House. I'm actually having a bit of a dilemma with that one. I get what the NCR is doing, I just don't know that getting rid of House is a good thing. I plan to investigate House further tonight, to see if I will feel better one way or the other. I've been focusing so much on these little sidequests, I haven't gotten back to House. But it will be one of them.

And I definitely have to figure out this Yes Man thing!

Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:10 pm

meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!

Yep, from what I can tell, there's basically no difference between the requirements. If it runs FO3, it'll run New Vegas.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Furburt wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!

Yep, from what I can tell, there's basically no difference between the requirements. If it runs FO3, it'll run New Vegas.
I'm so excited! More ways to play New Vegas! Wooo, baby!
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Irridium on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 am

meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!

Yep, from what I can tell, there's basically no difference between the requirements. If it runs FO3, it'll run New Vegas.
I'm so excited! More ways to play New Vegas! Wooo, baby!

Indeed.
If it can run Oblivion, it can run Fallout 3.
If it can run Fallout 3, it can run New Vegas.

Simple maths
avatar
Irridium
Madcunt

Posts : 237
Leprechaun Gold : 2823
Pineapple Power : 9
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 26
Location : Behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Irridium wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!

Yep, from what I can tell, there's basically no difference between the requirements. If it runs FO3, it'll run New Vegas.
I'm so excited! More ways to play New Vegas! Wooo, baby!

Indeed.
If it can run Oblivion, it can run Fallout 3.
If it can run Fallout 3, it can run New Vegas.

Simple maths
I have some more simple logic for you.

If my computer can run New Vegas then the voice of Frank Sinatra will come out of it's speakers.
Things that sound like Frank Sinatra are either him, or impersonators.
My computer has never impersonated anyone, don't you besmirch little Clacky's good name.
Therefore, my computer is the reincarnation of Frank Sinatra.

So... I'm trying to find the computer reincarnations of Sammy, Dean, Peter and Joey so I can recreate the Rat Pack in digital form, or the Mac-Pac, if you will.

We might need a few gals to spice up the joint, so add Ava and Marilyn to my search.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by GrinningManiac on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 pm

meganmeave wrote:
Irridium wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
meganmeave wrote:
Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!

Yep, from what I can tell, there's basically no difference between the requirements. If it runs FO3, it'll run New Vegas.
I'm so excited! More ways to play New Vegas! Wooo, baby!

Indeed.
If it can run Oblivion, it can run Fallout 3.
If it can run Fallout 3, it can run New Vegas.

Simple maths
I have some more simple logic for you.

If my computer can run New Vegas then the voice of Frank Sinatra will come out of it's speakers.
Things that sound like Frank Sinatra are either him, or impersonators.
My computer has never impersonated anyone, don't you besmirch little Clacky's good name.
Therefore, my computer is the reincarnation of Frank Sinatra.

So... I'm trying to find the computer reincarnations of Sammy, Dean, Peter and Joey so I can recreate the Rat Pack in digital form, or the Mac-Pac, if you will.

We might need a few gals to spice up the joint, so add Ava and Marilyn to my search.

I don't know about this laptop, but my printer sure as hell does an awesome Nina Simone

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
avatar
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Posts : 5597
Leprechaun Gold : 15184
Pineapple Power : 3009
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 24
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:58 pm

GrinningManiac wrote:
I don't know about this laptop, but my printer sure as hell does an awesome Nina Simone
That... is awesome. I think we can find a place for Nina.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:38 am

If Unable's around later, try and persuade him to tell the amazing story of his time playing on New Vegas as a retarded commando beating everyone he sees to death with a tire iron.

It's quite a story.

On that note, do you know what I really hope they mod in? Different dialogue options for if you make your character an idiot. They made Fallout 1 and 2 so very fun.

*Talking to the overseer*
I WANT A PINEAPPLE!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Furburt wrote:Snip!
I really missed those retarded dialogue options, alright. I wanted to be Torr.

As for the tire iron story...

Well, there's not much to tell really. Apparently Doc Mitchell didn't do quite a good a job as he'd hoped, so, I set my Intelligence to 1 and my Strength and Endurance to 10, picked up a tire iron, and felt an immediate connection.

The rest is head-explody history. Seriously, that tire iron did INSANE amounts of damage. What was funniest was charging towards fully armed NCR soldiers soaking up bullets and yelling "TIRE IROOOOOON" in a retard voice.

Plus, my mind-blowingly sexy new laptop can run it. So I'll be picking it up on Steam, I suspect, and modding the hell out of it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Posts : 1489
Leprechaun Gold : 14399
Pineapple Power : 10216
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Lawful Derp
Location : Somewhere in Time

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Irridium on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 am

Furburt wrote:If Unable's around later, try and persuade him to tell the amazing story of his time playing on New Vegas as a retarded commando beating everyone he sees to death with a tire iron.

It's quite a story.

On that note, do you know what I really hope they mod in? Different dialogue options for if you make your character an idiot. They made Fallout 1 and 2 so very fun.

*Talking to the overseer*
I WANT A PINEAPPLE!

Agreed. To be honest its why I always make my Intelligence so low in those games. Its just so damn funny!
avatar
Irridium
Madcunt

Posts : 237
Leprechaun Gold : 2823
Pineapple Power : 9
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 26
Location : Behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Dude on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 am

Did anyone else find the Legion just stupidly evil? I would have like a more subtle faction, might have made me think more.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
One good Freudian slip deserves a mother.
avatar
Dude
Asbestos Baby

Posts : 698
Leprechaun Gold : 3679
Pineapple Power : 408
Join date : 2010-10-30
Age : 25
Location : 'Strayla

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm

teh_pwning_dude wrote:Did anyone else find the Legion just stupidly evil? I would have like a more subtle faction, might have made me think more.
The Legion is stupidly evil. If you play a female character, there is zero reason to side with them. You can't even go for the whole "I'm the most powerful person in the wastes! Muwahahaha!" on that route, since they will promptly enslave you once they take over.

However, Between House, Yes Man and the NCR... there is a little more ambiguity there. I can't say I'm particularly happy with any of their arguments for why they should be in charge, but they are have reasons that make sense.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Dude on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23 pm

meganmeave wrote:
teh_pwning_dude wrote:Did anyone else find the Legion just stupidly evil? I would have like a more subtle faction, might have made me think more.
The Legion is stupidly evil. If you play a female character, there is zero reason to side with them. You can't even go for the whole "I'm the most powerful person in the wastes! Muwahahaha!" on that route, since they will promptly enslave you once they take over.

However, Between House, Yes Man and the NCR... there is a little more ambiguity there. I can't say I'm particularly happy with any of their arguments for why they should be in charge, but they are have reasons that make sense.

No matter what my intentions are at the start, I always go with Yes Man Razz It's hard to side with anyone else. Legion is gone from the get-go, House ends up being a tool and the NCR get worse and worse as you move up the ranks. I started my second play through with every intention of joining the NCR but by the end Moore was such a bitch I just couldn't go through with it and went with Yes Man... again. From my perspective, it's a bullshit militeristic regime, a slightly less bullshit militeristic regime, a robot-controlled militeristic regime, or freedom and independance. Hmm.

Still, it was miles better than Fallout 3's bullshit ending.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
One good Freudian slip deserves a mother.
avatar
Dude
Asbestos Baby

Posts : 698
Leprechaun Gold : 3679
Pineapple Power : 408
Join date : 2010-10-30
Age : 25
Location : 'Strayla

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 pm

teh_pwning_dude wrote:Did anyone else find the Legion just stupidly evil? I would have like a more subtle faction, might have made me think more.

I did at first, but something about them, I can't remember what, actually made me legitimately hate them, so much so that I went around purposefully looking for legionaries to ambush.

I can't wait for Marts Mutant Mod to be released, the randomly generated wanderers made ambushing a legitimate pastime in Fallout 3.

Ah, how I do love ambushing. Runs in my blood.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 am

I'm thinking I'll side with the NCR this playthrough (my first one). No particular reason really, I want to see how evil they end up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
avatar
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Posts : 9787
Leprechaun Gold : 38765
Pineapple Power : 22738
Join date : 2010-10-26
Age : 24
Alignment : Arseheart
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Pigproof on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 pm

I just had a rele rele runny shit!!

Also, I recently boughted new vegas for ps3 (the fool that i am) and there is a rele annoying bug in it where it won't let me talk to caesar and fortificaion hill! Is anybody else experiencing this BASTARDLY bug or is it just me??

AMAZING GAME OTHERWISE!!! Very Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm on the pontificate committee, you'll never get a penny out of me!
avatar
Pigproof
Sprinkle on the cheese

Posts : 40
Leprechaun Gold : 2597
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-11-02
Age : 92
Location : NORTH!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 am

For the first hour of the game, I thought the name of the legion of the camp was "Fornification Hill".

Anyone else experience something similar.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Posts : 6523
Leprechaun Gold : 14614
Pineapple Power : 1892
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Orthodox
Location : Holy Scotia.

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

teh_pwning_dude wrote:
No matter what my intentions are at the start, I always go with Yes Man Razz It's hard to side with anyone else. Legion is gone from the get-go, House ends up being a tool and the NCR get worse and worse as you move up the ranks. I started my second play through with every intention of joining the NCR but by the end Moore was such a bitch I just couldn't go through with it and went with Yes Man... again. From my perspective, it's a bullshit militeristic regime, a slightly less bullshit militeristic regime, a robot-controlled militeristic regime, or freedom and independance. Hmm.

Still, it was miles better than Fallout 3's bullshit ending.
I've done two of the endings now, Yes Man, and NCR. And so far, I have to say I like the Yes Man ending better. I was particularly annoyed when the NCR...

Spoiler:
wants me to kill the brotherhood. I know, not really a huge spoiler, but I don't want to upset people about that. Anyway, I had made friends with the brotherhood and wasn't particularly fond of outright killing them all. Particularly when they mostly just are against the NCR.

Anyway, there was no speech option to talk them out of it, which was annoying. And the ending... some people do better under the NCR, but some do worse. Same with the Yes Man ending, which is actually kind of nice, because it shouldn't be so black and white. Like, if you choose NCR, everything is lollipops and rainbows. In a real world setting, some people would have problems with each regime.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Hubilub on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Can I just say something? And I apologize if anyone gets offended by it:

I'm fucking sick of people saying Fallout: New Vegas isn't a full game.

Seriously, if anyone here says it, fuck you. Hard.

New Vegas has MORE content than Fallout 3 did on its initial release. New Vegas has many more quests, many more factions, a bigger and much, MUCH better story, more items, more characters, more voice actors, more everything (Insert obvious "More bugs" joke comment here, bitch).

The only thing that makes New Vegas not a full sequel is that it's on the same engine as Fallout 3. SINCE WHEN DOES THAT CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING!? Is Left4Dead 2 not a sequel? Is every game that has ever been on the Unreal engine interchangeable?

I've heard so many people say "It's not a sequel, because it doesn't change enough things". Those people are fucking morons.

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING SEQUEL. IT'S NOT RELATED WITH FALLOUT 3 IN ANYTHING BUT NAME. THEREFORE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING. YOU TWAT.

It's bigger and better than Fallout 3, and it is totally worth 60 Dollars. Anyone who says it's too expensive because it isn't a full game is the biggest idiot in the entire world and I have no respect for a person like that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
avatar
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Posts : 7827
Leprechaun Gold : 15085
Pineapple Power : 4328
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil
Location : Linkoping, Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Hubilub on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:20 pm

meganmeave wrote:
reg42 wrote:I never did manage to get Boone to give me his quest, I think it's bugged. It's a shame, because I really like Boone.

I've found some more companions actually. Veronica is a timid looking girl who likes to punch people to death with a power fist (very funny to watch). I also found Rex and Lily. I like Rex (he's no Dogmeat though), but Lily... I dunno, she kinda annoys me. I didn't use her for very long at all.

Who are you choosing to support, as a matter of interest? I'm either going with the NCR or Mr House on this playthrough, and then the Legion or with Yes Man on my next one.
Bummer on the Boone thing. He gave it to me after I went through Nelson, and released some strung up NCR folk there. I don't know if that was the trigger exactly, since I was running around doing lots of stuff with him before I did that.

Is Veronica the one with the hood? I saw her, but I had gotten Boone not too long before and didn't pick her up. But I noted where she was. I found Lily, and I'll use her for the Jacobstown quest, but I didn't know she'd get annoying. I also found some doctor dude, at least it seems like he might come with you. It had the dialog option.

Oooh! Someone called "Yes Man?" I haven't met them yet! I haven't decided on NCR or House. I'm actually having a bit of a dilemma with that one. I get what the NCR is doing, I just don't know that getting rid of House is a good thing. I plan to investigate House further tonight, to see if I will feel better one way or the other. I've been focusing so much on these little sidequests, I haven't gotten back to House. But it will be one of them.

And I definitely have to figure out this Yes Man thing!

Furburt wrote:
It's not a hugely system hungry game if you put it on lowest settings. If anyone you know has a copy of Fallout 3, then you could ask them if you could try it, because the system requirements are the same.
Really? I have Fallout 3 on my old PC, picked it up over the summer with that big Steam sale. If it runs there... maybe I can try New Vegas on it! And get mods!!!
I'm quoting you, but this is directed to everyone wanting to find an awesome companion.

DANNY TREJO IS IN THIS GAME! AND HE IS A COMPANION.

That is all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
avatar
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Posts : 7827
Leprechaun Gold : 15085
Pineapple Power : 4328
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil
Location : Linkoping, Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Hubilub wrote:
I'm quoting you, but this is directed to everyone wanting to find an awesome companion.

DANNY TREJO IS IN THIS GAME! AND HE IS A COMPANION.

That is all.
I love Raul! I have to wait to finish his quest though. Apparently the patch messed it up. But he's so funny. And it's really hard to tell him you need to part ways, since he's all alone in that shack, and he reminds you of it.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Hubilub wrote:Can I just say something? And I apologize if anyone gets offended by it:

I'm fucking sick of people saying Fallout: New Vegas isn't a full game.

Seriously, if anyone here says it, fuck you. Hard.

New Vegas has MORE content than Fallout 3 did on its initial release. New Vegas has many more quests, many more factions, a bigger and much, MUCH better story, more items, more characters, more voice actors, more everything (Insert obvious "More bugs" joke comment here, bitch).

The only thing that makes New Vegas not a full sequel is that it's on the same engine as Fallout 3. SINCE WHEN DOES THAT CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING!? Is Left4Dead 2 not a sequel? Is every game that has ever been on the Unreal engine interchangeable?

I've heard so many people say "It's not a sequel, because it doesn't change enough things". Those people are fucking morons.

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING SEQUEL. IT'S NOT RELATED WITH FALLOUT 3 IN ANYTHING BUT NAME. THEREFORE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING. YOU TWAT.

It's bigger and better than Fallout 3, and it is totally worth 60 Dollars. Anyone who says it's too expensive because it isn't a full game is the biggest idiot in the entire world and I have no respect for a person like that.
Also, I agree with this. There are so many quests, I finished the game and reloaded my last save to play some more because I think I've only found like, a third of the quests, and I've been playing the same playthrough for 80 hours now.

Someone made a thread on the Escapist about it just being an expansion, and I said, okay, fine, let's call it an expansion if you insist. But it's a $60 expansion that I would buy all over again, since it's chock full of stuff and is worth the price no matter what you call it.

But I mostly ignore those people. Haters gonna hate.
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Hubilub on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:58 pm

meganmeave wrote:
Hubilub wrote:Can I just say something? And I apologize if anyone gets offended by it:

I'm fucking sick of people saying Fallout: New Vegas isn't a full game.

Seriously, if anyone here says it, fuck you. Hard.

New Vegas has MORE content than Fallout 3 did on its initial release. New Vegas has many more quests, many more factions, a bigger and much, MUCH better story, more items, more characters, more voice actors, more everything (Insert obvious "More bugs" joke comment here, bitch).

The only thing that makes New Vegas not a full sequel is that it's on the same engine as Fallout 3. SINCE WHEN DOES THAT CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING!? Is Left4Dead 2 not a sequel? Is every game that has ever been on the Unreal engine interchangeable?

I've heard so many people say "It's not a sequel, because it doesn't change enough things". Those people are fucking morons.

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING SEQUEL. IT'S NOT RELATED WITH FALLOUT 3 IN ANYTHING BUT NAME. THEREFORE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING. YOU TWAT.

It's bigger and better than Fallout 3, and it is totally worth 60 Dollars. Anyone who says it's too expensive because it isn't a full game is the biggest idiot in the entire world and I have no respect for a person like that.
Also, I agree with this. There are so many quests, I finished the game and reloaded my last save to play some more because I think I've only found like, a third of the quests, and I've been playing the same playthrough for 80 hours now.

Someone made a thread on the Escapist about it just being an expansion, and I said, okay, fine, let's call it an expansion if you insist. But it's a $60 expansion that I would buy all over again, since it's chock full of stuff and is worth the price no matter what you call it.

But I mostly ignore those people. Haters gonna hate.
I have here the complete New Vegas guide in my hands. It cost me 20 dollars.

Do you know how many side quests there are in this game? Not main quests, just side quests?

73

There are 17 official side quests in Fallout 3

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
avatar
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Posts : 7827
Leprechaun Gold : 15085
Pineapple Power : 4328
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 24
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil
Location : Linkoping, Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Megan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Hubilub wrote:
I have here the complete New Vegas guide in my hands. It cost me 20 dollars.

Do you know how many side quests there are in this game? Not main quests, just side quests?

73

There are 17 official side quests in Fallout 3
I think I may have done somewhere between 30 and 40 sidequests, so clearly I have some places to go.

One thing I do wish, for those quests that don't get an official name, like that corrupt NCR fellow who is stealing supplies, those should be listed somewhere if you haven't completed them. The Miscellaneous section of the quests area is a bit cumbersome, since you can't really tell which ones you have done or not.

I also found out I completely missed a whole vault. It was mentioned in the ending. So I gotta go there!!
avatar
Megan
Madcunt

Posts : 290
Leprechaun Gold : 2858
Pineapple Power : 0
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 40
Location : In the State of Denial

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Furburt on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:23 am

Hubilub wrote:
Do you know how many side quests there are in this game? Not main quests, just side quests?

73

I've already added at least 5 to that number with mods.

Ah, mods.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
avatar
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Posts : 16683
Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Join date : 2010-10-08
Age : 25
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty
Location : Éire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Irridium on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 am

Hubilub wrote:Can I just say something? And I apologize if anyone gets offended by it:

I'm fucking sick of people saying Fallout: New Vegas isn't a full game.

Seriously, if anyone here says it, fuck you. Hard.

New Vegas has MORE content than Fallout 3 did on its initial release. New Vegas has many more quests, many more factions, a bigger and much, MUCH better story, more items, more characters, more voice actors, more everything (Insert obvious "More bugs" joke comment here, bitch).

The only thing that makes New Vegas not a full sequel is that it's on the same engine as Fallout 3. SINCE WHEN DOES THAT CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING!? Is Left4Dead 2 not a sequel? Is every game that has ever been on the Unreal engine interchangeable?

I've heard so many people say "It's not a sequel, because it doesn't change enough things". Those people are fucking morons.

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING SEQUEL. IT'S NOT RELATED WITH FALLOUT 3 IN ANYTHING BUT NAME. THEREFORE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO CHANGE FUCKING ANYTHING. YOU TWAT.

It's bigger and better than Fallout 3, and it is totally worth 60 Dollars. Anyone who says it's too expensive because it isn't a full game is the biggest idiot in the entire world and I have no respect for a person like that.

Agreed. People also seem to forget that Obsidian makes Bethesda's stories look like children's books. Not Dr. Suess, who is awesome, but more of the stupid pop-up book verity.

Hell after Morrowind Bethesda's stories have already looked like stupid children's stories. Obsidian just shows how bad they really are. And its just sad.
avatar
Irridium
Madcunt

Posts : 237
Leprechaun Gold : 2823
Pineapple Power : 9
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 26
Location : Behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: New Vegas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum