The Artsie Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Artsie Thread

Post by reg42 on Sun May 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Join me, my companions, in being better than everyone else and counting to infinite. This is the place where we may discuss matters of the arts, the elite arts, the better arts.

I think you'll all agree with me when I say that Metallica's 2008 release, Death Magnetic, was far above the standard set by their previous attempt, St Anger. Not that's it hard to beat the music equivalent of dog shit on the canvas. [pause for minor chuckle]

Even with the improvement, it is still not good. The songs go on too long and get repetitive too early, the guitarists forget they are played a song sometimes and not a guitar-off-wank-a-thon, and vocals are boring and flat. Then again I really shouldn't expect too much, Metallica hasn't been good since Kill 'Em All.

God, I'm brilliant.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 35821
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Re: The Artsie Thread

Post by Hubilub on Sun May 08, 2011 9:00 pm

If Herzog fought Kitano art would explode.

Fact

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.

Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 14782
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon May 09, 2011 12:46 pm

"the guitarists forget they are played a song sometimes and not a guitar-off-wank-a-thon"
That's more or less exactly why I don't listen to most metal. Too much of that.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.

MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38492
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon May 09, 2011 12:53 pm

This is why I listen to industrial and stoner.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy

Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71688
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Katzenjammer on Mon May 09, 2011 1:14 pm

reg42 wrote:Metallica hasn't been good since Kill 'Em All.

God, I'm brilliant.

That's being very unfair. Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All are very good albums. Ever since his voice changed I can't listen to it though.

It just pisses me off.

She's turned the weans against us.

Katzenjammer
Zoot Suit

Leprechaun Gold : 6262
Pineapple Power : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 pm

katzenjammer wrote:

God, I'm brilliant.

That's being very unfair. Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All are very good albums. Ever since his voice changed I can't listen to it though.

It just pisses me off.
Yeah I know. I was just ultra fucked when I wrote this. Master of Puppets is my favourite album of theirs. But I genuinely don't like St Anger and I find Death Magnetic very boring.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Katzenjammer on Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 pm

reg42 wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:

God, I'm brilliant.

It just pisses me off.
Yeah I know. I was just ultra fucked when I wrote this. Master of Puppets is my favourite album of theirs. But I genuinely don't like St Anger and I find Death Magnetic very boring.

Oh god, every single album after ...And Justice For All were total garbage. You'll find no complaints from me there.

Katzenjammer
Zoot Suit

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

katzenjammer wrote:
reg42 wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:

God, I'm brilliant.

It just pisses me off.

Oh god, every single album after ...And Justice For All were total garbage. You'll find no complaints from me there.
I can even find really good songs in the black album, though I don't agree with what they did. Sad But True and Nothing Else Matters are both really good. But not Enter Sandman - Fuck Enter Sandman. But everything after that is... Bleh.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

I like all Metallica albums, even St. Anger. Death Magnetic is one of my favorites, but Justice is my favorite.

NOT BOTHERED TO CONTINUE POST

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Leprechaun Gold : 14126
Pineapple Power : 10216
Alignment : Lawful Derp

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katzenjammer on Mon May 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Sacrilegious scum!

Katzenjammer
Zoot Suit

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Purge the non-believe!

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Mon May 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Leprechaun Gold : 14126
Pineapple Power : 10216
Alignment : Lawful Derp

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 8:18 pm

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

MilkyFresh wrote:"the guitarists forget they are played a song sometimes and not a guitar-off-wank-a-thon"
That's more or less exactly why I don't listen to most metal. Too much of that.

At my Music A-level concert there was this kid who's really good at guitar in the year below. What does he do? Does he play something beautiful or memorable or even all that good? No, he just shoves as many chords in as fast as he can. The most impressive thing about it was that he played over the top of the guitar then moved his arm so his hand was under the guitar for the next chord and then moved above it again. It was really quite cool that he could do it so fast but it was an audio mess and they were only recording audio...yeah

I don't know how well he did, but this year he did a The Smiths song, so that was an improvement.

मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I have a blog nao

GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 14911
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Tue May 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Yeah. Guys like that are cool to watch and go "wow, he's fast man!" but I would much prefer a little less speed and a little more soul.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Wed May 11, 2011 7:14 am

Mmm. A friend of mine's ex-boyfriend was great like that. Incredibly talented acoustic guitarist, but he actually put something into his music y'know. It was fantastic.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.

MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38492
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:33 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top