PC Woes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PC Woes

Post by reg42 on Sat May 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Alright so I got a new computer today. I was extremely happy until I got home and found out that

A) It's only got enough SATA slots for my CD drive one HDD, even though the add said four.

B) The new hardware refused to start up my computer until I reformatted and installed Windows again.

I can deal with the lot data on this HDD, because it's my smaller one and so didn't have a huge amount. The trouble is that I will be a very, very sad man if I have to erase my other 1.2TB of data.

Can anyone think of a way I can not destroy everything I've gathered over the past 3 years?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36092
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Re: PC Woes

Post by Wayward on Sat May 07, 2011 2:26 pm

External hard drive?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
daaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Wayward
Resident Slut

Leprechaun Gold : 4549
Pineapple Power : 317

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Don't have one and don't know anyone who has one big enough... Goddammit.

And a realised I just lost all my saves. Fuck man

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Sat May 07, 2011 2:50 pm

MILLIONS OF USB DRIVES!
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63860
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat May 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Situation fixed! Turns out there were 2 more SATA ports, they were just hidden away, real sneaky like.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sat May 07, 2011 7:38 pm

I have woes as well.

Google Redirect Virus. It simply cannot be cleaned from the system.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Leprechaun Gold : 9208
Pineapple Power : 1652

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat May 07, 2011 7:43 pm

My PC started rebooting over and over again early... I think the fact that I'm posting this means it's stopped... Maybe it was some loose connections

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sat May 07, 2011 8:27 pm

reg42 wrote:My PC started rebooting over and over again early... I think the fact that I'm posting this means it's stopped... Maybe it was some loose connections

I had that problem recently. After dusting out the inside it stopped.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Mine's brand new though, so I don't think dust was the problem. It's possible though - I did put a bunch of stuff from my old PC in there.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Pretty sure my CPU has an overheating problem. It's fucking annoying, cause I can't play games for more than 30-60 minutes and I can't do anything until the weekend.

Sigh, PC upgrades NEVER go smoothly for me.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Nor me. Mine is so bugged out, but I'm afraid to take it to best buy and have it looked at.

I don't care to have them poking around in my private files.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm just gonna take mine it to my usual guys to get it sorted out. They're probably just gonna order me a new CPU cooler, which I could easily do myself, but this thing has stressed me out enough as is.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 pm

My "usual guy" is a drug addict now.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Huh. Well that's counter-productive.

Oh, and God help me if I should try to add music to my media player. My CPU does not like that at all.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 pm

My CPU doesn't like it when I surf the internet. It catches viruses like a magnet in a screw factory.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:58 pm

That reminds me, I still haven't got an AV... Goddamn I'm too lazy.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Mon May 09, 2011 7:59 pm

I have one, it's just shit. And my mom payed $90 US for it.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon May 09, 2011 8:01 pm

I just stick to Avast free. People bitch about it, but I don't think it's let me down.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 am

noxious

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71959
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:26 am

reg42 wrote:I just stick to Avast free. People bitch about it, but I don't think it's let me down.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38763
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 am

STOPPING YOUR TYRANNY

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 15083
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top