Let's Play Survival Crisis Z

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's Play Survival Crisis Z

Post by Fniff on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Mankind has always feared an apocalypse. From those cold people on the mountain at 1666 waiting for Jesus to save them, to 2010 where collage students pour over websites about an ancient calendar ending, and how that will be the end.

Humanity does not like the end. We are creatures of habit, and that habit is survival. We are survivors, pure and simple. Back in the prehistoric forest, every day was a fight for your life with teeth and claws. Of course, the end of the world will never happen.

The end of humanity due to a zombie uprising, however, is going to happen.

Welcome to Let's Play Survival Crisis Z. Don't worry about the end of the world, it's already at the door.

As with any media frenzy, it started small. Twitter feeds, facebook updates, misheard rumors, 4chan postings and some users on this very site in the news area noting the rumors of an incredibly viral disease, with Furburt finally saying it is probably just bullshit.

Daily Mail, a few more higher up rumor mills, more discussion on the topic on the internet, cable TV and general bullshit manufacturers.

Government admits it, the media shitstorm begins. CNN, BBC, every newspaper under the sun, internet goes wild, memes start to form (I IZ A ZOMBIE AND I IZ EATIN UR BRAINS). It was on the eve of ending when, finally:

Everyone woke up to find that the media frenzy was right outside their doors, breaking in through the windows.

And when they looked to the television to see what it had to say about this, it said nothing. Only white noise.

hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Jane stepped out of the 7/11, trying to see what the trouble was. She heard shouting, and gunshots. She gripped the gun in her hands, sweat almost making the handle part of her body. Deep in her gut, she knew trouble was brewing.

Little did she know, the last few minutes of her normal life were slowly draining away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Leprechaun Gold : 3031
Pineapple Power : 3
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's Play Survival Crisis Z

Post by reg42 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Ah cool man. More LPs need to be done like this. Not everything needs to be in video.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36034
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks. I am also doing this on the Bay12 Forums, so check that out! Also, I hate video LPs sometimes. Annoying voices, talking over the goddamn characters when I wanna hear what the story is! That's what I do if I wanna check out a let's play. I want to see a game, not some idiot talking about how many boners he has got because of some stupid virtual character in a different game!

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:31 pm

My favourites are Shamus Young's series (though that can be more like a podcast with a video attached sometimes), and Kevin with his Minecraft LP

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36034
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Anyway, my brother is going to be using it for a bit. I will do an update, though.

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:26 am

Chapter One: You Killed A Fucking Priest!

My name is Jane Austin. My boyfriend wass a column writer for the Daily World, a local newspaper. I lived in the city center which according to the media was the source of a highly viral virus that was going to desecrate America. I used to believe in sanity. Now, I am not so sure.

I was gripping the emergency Glock for the 7/11 I worked at. I was gripping the gun handle tighter then I should have. I was walking in the middle of the road (I know, it was stupid. I just thought no cars really passed during 3 in the morning.) looking for the source of the gunshot. I stumbled over bags tossed aside by uncaring shoppers. The old tarmac felt solid beneath my feet. The street was dirty, vomit on the ground and sometimes blood. This was the city I grew up in. A town of scumbags and rotten police. I grew up without drugs, since I didn't want to end up sucking cock for pennies to buy crack.

Sadly, this mattered for fuck when I ended up in this situation.

Even for 3, it was still oddly quiet. Another shot rang out, this time somewhere near the church.

This wasn't a true church. The priest sold crack behind the 7/11 I worked at. Not only that, but he was also part of the church's "Ignore The Pedos And They'll Probably Stop" campaign, since he had made approximately 76 boys and girls give cock to him over 10 years of being a priest. I fucking hated the bastard. He was a shit, pure and simple. I know this because he told me. Happily.

The church was dark. Too dark. I had to use my cheap-o flashlight to illuminate the place. Surprisingly powerful, but it only punctuated the fact that the church was too dark to be OK. Churches were lit up at night, hell, the entire city was lit up at night. This darkness belonged at the edges of suburban areas, the in-fill, not the city. Too dark. Too quiet apart from screaming and gunshots. Even for this city called the crime capital of the 21st century, it's still pretty bad.

This red-head walks in. She had a kitchen knife in her hands, and it was stained with recent blood. The Redhead looked about 16 or 15. She was pale, and looked like she has had a few scratches. No, not scratches. Bite marks. She looked around the place, searching for an invisible enemy. Her name was Shayna.

"Are you OK?" I asked like an idiot.

"No! First I get grounded by my parents for not coming back by 11 at my own damn birthday party, then I have to climb out the window because my dad is fucking pounding at the door yelling at the top of his lungs! Then, I keep getting attacked by crackheads vomiting blood! Can you fucking believe this? By the way, my name is Shayna." Shayna said. I realized she was a valley girl. Christ, I thought, I have to babysit an overgrown five year old.

A forlorn moan escaped from the door. Who else but the priest of this parish, in a vomit stained t-shirt and jeans. He looked rotting, like a corpse left out to dry on a gallows. Some of his flesh had peeled off in places, exposing the dull red of his muscles. He smelt like rot.

He stumbled forward and grabbed Shayna with strong hands. She screamed, and chopped off his hand. He didn't seem to notice. He continued. She stabbed him in the heart, what should be a killing blow. Nothing but foggy eyes on his face. She stabbed him in the head. He fell over, and died.

"You just killed a fucking priest!" I shouted.

Chapter Two: Wherein Respect For The Dead Is Desecrated.

While Shayna killed the undead with her kitchen knife, I hung back and thought. Everything had turned upside down. I briefly remembered a snippet from Fresh Prince of Bel-air. The theme song or something. Anyway, everything had changed. I had played the game peacefully with Life, and then Life stamped on the board and shouted "YOU KNOW FUCKING WHAT?! WE ARE PLAYING SCRABBLE NOW! YOU DON'T LIKE SCRABBLE? FUCK YOU!" into my face. A hilarious image for such a life changing event.

While wandering, I found a map on the side of the road. It was a military style map of the city. Certain buildings were marked DISSENTER OUTPOSTS and others SWAT OUTPOSTS. Others yet were marked CIVVIE OUTPOSTS. The Dissenters were marked Red, SWATs marked Blue and civvies white. Something big was going on, I knew it.

When I asked Shayna about it, she made a smug remark about her internet buddies "Being all over that conspiracy shit" and said "You should have that checked out, idiot."

I already knew I would love to see her die. Sighing, I marked my 7/11 on the map.

I peeked into a door leading to Brett's Warehouse. It seemed to be looted, long gone. A single corpse made me gag. I walked in, cringing at the stench.

I stared at the corpse, feeling horrible as I reached down and searched it's pockets.

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:11 am

Quite brutal, for a 12 year old.

Still, gripping!

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71901
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:51 pm

I think I may be good at writing LPs.

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Chapter Three: Meeting Roger

The corpse had some pistol clips and a small emergency medkit. There was also a useless phone that said it was out of service. Shayna was already getting antsy, so I decided to move on. I walked a few blocks north, sometimes slipping in pools of blood. I shot a few zombies, but Shayna was killing most of them. She was pretty psychotic about it, now that I think about it. I wonder why.

Once we reached an outpost nearby, which was marked on the map, I met a woman who I knew from the drug store. She had formed an outpost here, and mostly managed to keep the undead from breaking in through a combination of smarts, guns and dumb luck.

She healed my wounds for free. She was pretty good at it, course hands making surprisingly light and quick work to the scratch and bite marks dotting my skin. Shayna said she wanted to stay at the outpost for a while. And that is when I meet Roger.

Roger...As I remember him, he was weird. He refused to call me anything but "Fniff" and he seemed to be somewhere else all the time. He somehow knew what I was thinking and he smirked whenever I thought about my boyfriend. Roger was weird.

Still, he followed me every step of the way, and that's all I needed.

After the fourth time he called me Fniff, I finally just had to say it.

"Roger, stop fucking calling me Fniff! It's Jane!" I shouted. "I am sorry, but this is so fucking annoying!"

He just looked at me with a grin crossing his face. Rain poured down, but it wasn't ordinary rain. It was blood. I started to panic. I had to get out of here. I had to. It was too much. The river...Oh God the river...

"And as for you, River, there will be a day when you will
flow with blood more than water. And dead bodies will be stacked higher than the dams.
And he who is dead will not be mourned as much as he who is alive.
" He stared at me, with piercing eyes. I felt invisible tendrils stab at my legs, my arms and my chest. Finally, they stabbed my eyes.He stopped grinning, and stared at me.

"
Asclepius, why are you weeping?" He asked. The river was gone. The rain was gone. Everything strange had disappeared. Apart from the fact my eyes were filled with blood red tears. Roger laughed, and muttered something about the first ritual.

Chapter Four: The Fear

I hated Roger more then ever.

The smug little bastard. What had he done to me? He did something...The river. Something to do with the river. By then, I was forgetting more and more about what had happened there. I just remembered a terrifying river and his then-demonic voice saying that.

Roger stabbed a zombie in the chest. It didn't seem to notice, so it bit him on the shoulder. The only emotions I had seen back then were eerie grinning and cheery malevolence. But he seemed genuinely angered a zombie bit him. Not just human anger. Horrible anger. Like the anger could not be contained in a single human shell. I knew he wasn't human. He was something more wearing a human shell that may have been someone's shell a long time ago. He was a wolf wearing the skin of a dead sheep.

This showed in his actions here. He emitted a sonic yell that echoed throughout the city. He grabbed the zombie's worn cop shirt, and pulled. He didn't pull the t-shirt. He was pulling on something else.

Roger was pulling on the trapped soul of zombie. Black tentacles were holding the grey of the soul back into it's mortal body, but he had stronger powers then the tentacles holding the soul into the rotting caricature of the previous occupant. When Roger got a strong enough foothold, he pulled. The soul was ripped out of it's body, kicking and screaming. The ground opened up into a orange-red hell, and I barely managed to hold onto a telephone pole to escape the vacuum pulling everything in. Roger tossed the soul into the ground, and it closed.

I kept my mouth shut, and moved on.

What made it all the worse was he knew how much he scared me.

We ran into a horde of undead. Roger drew power into his knife, horrible glowing eldritch power. When he stabbed a zombie, it vanished. I reminded myself not to try to kill Roger in his sleep, because he would probably kill me before I even got a chance at doing it.

We managed to get into the safehouse where Roger would be dropped off. Another outpost leader healed me up a bit. When I asked her if she wanted her friend given back, she asked me what friend I was talking about. I pointed to Roger. She didn't understand. She had never seen Roger before.

Shit, that bitch from the drug store didn't want Roger to be given to a friend. She wanted him as far away as could be. I could honestly see why, but how come I had to transport him through zombie infested territory? Did she hope he would die on the way? Knowing Roger, that chance was second to none.

I wanted to get something out of this terrible experience, so I decided to do a little recon. I asked the outpost leader where the stairs to the roof were and if I could have some binoculars. I got both. I went up a few floors until I got to the top. What I saw was not good.

There was a blanket of undead surrounding the city. Hundreds upon thousands were streaming into the city through the highways. The only good thing was that there was so many clogged cars in the freeways that only a dozen could get through at a time. This was still bad news.

If I wanted to escape, I couldn't do it on foot. I would either have to come up with an amazing plan or hope someone comes to rescue us.

Judging on how the day went, I knew I had run out of hope.

Chapter Five: Finding Out How FUBAR The World Is

After sitting down after dealing with all this, I turned on a nearby radio. After skipping through thousands of voices crying out for help (Sometimes from different countries in different languages, but then everyone knew the language of terror.), I managed to find some music. It was PJ Harvey's Let England Shake. Funnily enough, this made me feel worse. The lyrics were somehow proving more meaningful then I had thought. Every word meant something to me now. I went to the girl. I asked her for a job. She told me to deliver a package that seems to be filled with ammo. I agreed, and hoped to get some money.

The West's asleep. Let England shake,

weighted down with silent dead.

I fear our blood won't rise again.

Until the day is ending,

And the birds are silent in the branches,

And the insects are courting in the bushes,

And by the shores of lovely lakes

Heavy stones are falling.

Wait a second... Weeks?

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I need to play this game more.

This is great though, really well written.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71901
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:15 pm

A bit is fictionalized, such as most of the stuff with Roger and the blankets of undead around the city, but the rest actually happened.

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Hmm. It appears that the main game has crashed. However, I have a back up plan: Make another! Just give me a moment.

Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker