Comic Noir

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comic Noir

Post by Pararaptor on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:48 am

For a Media project in school I have to put together a comic with conventions of film noir, & in a style similar to Sin City's.
I've got a plot down but I'm not so sure of it, suggestions, comments?

Mihailov, a Russian, is walking an alleyway. Enter Papa Moreno, a mob boss with his gang. Moreno tells Mihailov "Me & the boys don't like what you've been doing, importin' all those chemicals, all those fucked up bodies you dumpin' in the river"
Mihailov replies "You can't touch me" & Moreno points his gun at him. Mihailov makes some kind of signal & Sobachka, a gigantic sort of mutant hulkish thug, drops off a building into the alleyway.
Moreno's gang open fire on Sobachka as he charges them, kills the gangsters violently but Papa Moreno gets away. Mihailov tells him to find Moreno.

That night, Sobachka finds Papa Moreno, who is lying in a bed in a hotel. Sobachka kills him, enter April (name is subject to change) who is unfazed by him. April talks to him, about how she's seen his 'brothers' & how she knows he's one of "that Ruski egghead's boys". Sobachka goes back & accosts Mihailov, who gets incredibly angry. When Sobachka asks "brothers?" Mihailov tells him to shut up, Sobachka tears off his arms & asks him again, when he doesn't reply Sobachka throws him out the window.

Next scene, Sobachka is at the river, vomiting blood again. He meets April again, who tells him how Mihailov was trying to take over the city's underworld with super-soldiers he was making out of criminals bought from the police. They never lasted long because of the chemicals he was using, & that Sobachka is going to die too. April gets a call, she's told Mihailov is still alive, but this is not revealed until later.
April takes Sobachka home & for the next week does her best to nurse him, though he degenerates further. He also falls in love with her, or as much as a brainfucked mutant can love. Mihailov returns as a big spider-like low-tech cyborg, & fights Sobachka. Sobachka eventually wins, but April kills him. As it turns out she's a hitman hired to kill Mihailov (& Papa Moreno) but couldn't because he had the super-soldiers. She wants to make it look as though she succeeded in order to bolster her reputation.

Might simplify it a bit when I'm thinking right.

Edit 1: I cut out Sobachka running away to kill Papa Moreno, Instead Mihailov tells him to & only gets angry when Sobachka asks the questions. Also Mihailov's call to Sobachka.

Last edited by Pararaptor on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63748
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Re: Comic Noir

Post by MilkyFresh on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 am

Sounds fucking solid, I like it a lot.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38651
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Any criticisms?

And the shooting's gonna be done at my place, so Sobachka's probably gonna cop a chainsaw to the face.

Last edited by Pararaptor on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Not right now. I'm in a bad mood and that would mean thinking, but the fact that I would need to think about it at all is a good sign.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38651
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Oh well. Thanks but.
Pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Just curious is this crime drama or comic book stuff? Cause you've got mafiosi with super soldiers and....

Don't get me wrong, it's good to experiment. Cross-genre stuff like this sometimes ends up feeling schitzo. But it's hard to tell from just the rough outline, so don't read anything into that right now.

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Leprechaun Gold : 9096
Pineapple Power : 1652

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Looks like it'd be pretty good. Why did [s]Gorbachev[/s] [s]The Heavy[/s] Saborchak (so I can't be bothered to scroll up the page and check, big deal wanna figh-da-bow-dit?) run to kill Papa for no reason, though?

मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I have a blog nao
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15070
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:53 am

Dead Herald LXI wrote:Just curious is this crime drama or comic book stuff? Cause you've got mafiosi with super soldiers and....

Don't get me wrong, it's good to experiment. Cross-genre stuff like this sometimes ends up feeling schitzo. But it's hard to tell from just the rough outline, so don't read anything into that right now.
Well, we watched Sin City & were told to derive it from that, so...
GrinningManiac wrote:Looks like it'd be pretty good. Why did Gorbachev The Heavy Saborchak (so I can't be bothered to scroll up the page and check, big deal wanna figh-da-bow-dit?) run to kill Papa for no reason, though?
He's retarded. Brainwashed to kill who Mihailov tells him to.
And since he's losing faith in Mihailov, that is his rebellion.

I realise that, & when the girl takes him in, are the weakest parts of the story.

Fixed them up a little.

Also, [strike] not [s].
Pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down