What are you reading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are you reading?

Post by Dok Zombie on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Simple enough, what are you reading at the minute, if anything.

Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it? Etc...

I'm (finally) nearing the end of Moby Dick. It's been a real slog; reading it mainly on my lunch break at work means only getting through a little each day but since I'm nearing the end I've started reading it more in my spare time as well. I've really enjoyed it so far and while there are some very drawn out sections of irrelevant bollocks, they are contrasted nicely with some sheer bad-assery, case in point...

Spoiler:
"As they narrated to each other their unholy adventures, their tales of terror told in words of mirth; as their uncivilised laughter forked upwards out of them, like flame from the furnace; as to and fro, in their front, the harpooners wildly gesticulated with their huge pronged forks and dippers; as the wind howled on, and the sea leaped, and the ship groaned and dived, and yet steadfastly shot her red hell further and further into the blackness of the sea and the night, and scornfully champed the white bone in her mouth, and viciously spat round her on all sides; then the rushing Peqoud, freighted with savages, and laden with fire, and burning a corpse, and plunging into that blackness of darkness, seemed the material counterpart of her monomaniac commander’s soul."

Now if that aint the most metal thing you've ever read in a 160 year old book, I don't know what is.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight, we're going nowhere slowly but we're seeing all the sights, and we're definitely going to Hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell...
Dok Zombie
Up-and-coming dealer

Leprechaun Gold : 2700
Pineapple Power : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you reading?

Post by reg42 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:38 pm

I've been reading Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series. It's really fucking awesome.
Unfortunately I don't read as often as I should so it'll be a while before I finish it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36090
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Dok Zombie on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Not something I've come across myself. On an unrelated note, is that Rammstein I spy in your avatar?

If you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight, we're going nowhere slowly but we're seeing all the sights, and we're definitely going to Hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell...
Dok Zombie
Up-and-coming dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:54 pm

It is. I saw them live on Friday, and can now happily kill myself.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dok Zombie on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:00 pm

They're fucking unreal live. Did they bust out the... erm... "foam cannon"?

Dok Zombie
Up-and-coming dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:03 pm

You mean the one at the end of Pussy? Because that was just awesome.

There were so many mind blowing things in that show man... It was just crazy

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dok Zombie on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:08 pm

That's the one.

Saw them last year and again in the summer at Sonisphere. Amazing show both times, it helps that LIFAD is the best thing they've released in years.

Dok Zombie
Up-and-coming dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:14 pm

My favourite is Reise, Reise, personally, but LIFAD is a damn fine listen. I was pissed off because I didn't have a lighter for Frühling In Paris Smile

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm currently on book 4 of an 11-part alternate history series where the Confederacy won the American civil war and became it's own nation. It kicks ass.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14610
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top