Ask GrinningManiac

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ask GrinningManiac

Post by reg42 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Moenie jou Hindi-taal praat! I love just throwing Afrikaans into a conversation. It's a pity I can't speak it for shit.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36146
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 pm

reg42 wrote:Moenie jou Hindi-taal praat! I love just throwing Afrikaans into a conversation. It's a pity I can't speak it for shit.
"Meanie you Hindi - tall prat?" ... that's not very nice!

anywho...

Yiddish is a godsend - all the words are memorable little phrases

"You shmuck!"
"Oy..." *facepalm*

I also adopted the Irish "feck" and the Arabic "Inshallah" and now I cannot not use them

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15236
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Haha good try.

Moenie jou Hindi-taal praat! - Don't speak your Hindi-language!

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Well, I know Gabriel continually throws Russian into conversations, but that's mainly because he's in love with the heavy.

No, the other one.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 72013
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 pm

You are loose cannon, sandvich, but are damn good cop!

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 pm

People used to think I spoke Russian

Why?

Becuase I worked out how it sounded, simply by googling the phonetic alphabet, learning a few Russian placenames and devoutly watching Hunt for Red October (kickass main theme)

Thus, they go "Da svidanya, Ruski pazareski istaakovitch!"

And I respond with "Da, Brestrashna. Ti Plivee, Gordest Sayveray. Ashtraken, revolutskiya astanoivich, ee preeboy"

They genuinely thought I spoke the damn thing, simply because I could pass off Russian gibberish better than their pitiful "-ivitch, -sky" nonsense

Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm

You are cop sandvich, cannon, but are damn loose!

Furburt

Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Cop you cannon, sandvich good but, loose damn are

- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm

I once managed to convince someone in my school I spoke Japanese by saying loads of place names and last names over and over.

"Hokkaido edo kurinobu kiriyama!"

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 pm

My friends are learning Mandarin

I help them out by telling them that every other sentence they try to decipher is something along the lines of "ALL HAIL THE CHAIRMAN"

When one of them (for some reason) asked me how to say "What time do I get up in the morning?" "At 3 O'clock" , I told him thusly:

John - "HAIL, COMRADE. WHICH GLORIOUS HOUR HAS BEEN DECREED BY THE CHAIRMAN AS THE CHAIRMAN'S DECREED MOMENT OF RISING?"
Mary - "COMRADE, HAIL - IT IS THE DECREED MOMENT WHEN WE BEGIN WORK AS DECREED BY THE GLORIOUS CHAIRMAN"
All (including passersby) - ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS CHAIRMAN AND HIS GLORIOUS DECLERATIONS AS DECLARED IN THE DECLARATIONS OF THE GLORIOUS CHAIRMAN. HAIL!

- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 am

I has a real question!

How do I get a daschund to stop jumping off furniture like a damned paratrooper and fucking up his back and costing me mucho dinero (You don't speak spanish, Spellcheck? Shame!) and also worry sick over his lil sweet self?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Herald on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:02 am

Furburt wrote:I once managed to convince someone in my school I spoke Japanese by saying loads of place names and last names over and over.

"Hokkaido edo kurinobu kiriyama!"

Ohayo!

<br>

Dead Herald
I hate Obama

Leprechaun Gold : 9262
Pineapple Power : 1652

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 am

Swollen Goat wrote:I has a real question!

How do I get a daschund to stop jumping off furniture like a damned paratrooper and fucking up his back and costing me mucho dinero (You don't speak spanish, Spellcheck? Shame!) and also worry sick over his lil sweet self?
If I may field this one?
Spoiler:
Safety first: start by interrupting the behavior. When he looks like he's going to jump off the furniture, distract him. Loud, short noises usually work well for this. This should give you a chance to get to him before he jumps and get him down in a way that won't hurt his back.
The next thing to do is teach him to get off the furniture safely. When he's on the furniture, put a piece of dry dog food or a small treat in your hand (close your fingers around it / make a fist so it's hidden) and let him sniff it. Then use your hand (with the food/treat in it) to lure him off the furniture slowly and safely. Keep him interested in it - if his nose leaves your hand, stop and try again in a few seconds. Once he's got four paws on the floor, open your hand and give him the food/treat. Praise him. Repeat this exercise for 5 - 10 minutes a day for a few days or until he is confidently following your lure hand to the floor in a manner that does not resemble a damned paratrooper. (Note: if he is succeeding less than nine out of ten times, go back to a simpler version of the exercise and work that until his success rate increases to about 90%.) Now, any time he looks like he's about to jump off the furniture like the aforementioned paratrooper doomed to damnation, go over to him before he jumps and lure him down safely. At this point, whenever he feels the urge to jump off the furniture, he may look to you for a treat. This is good, as it will interrupt the unwanted jumping behavior. If he doesn't do this, that's okay. Just keep working with him on practicing a safe descent that won't hurt his back. Next, fade out the food/treats. A good way to remember how to do this is: think jackpot, not vending machine. When he does it right, reward with varied intensity. Sometimes he will get food, sometimes he will just get praise. Sometimes he will get food and enthusiastic praise. Keep it random and inconsistent. This way, he knows that something good is going to happen if he gets off the furniture the right way, but he won't always expect food. Over time, you can fade out the food rewards entirely. If he doesn't respond to bits of food or small treats, you can substitute one of his favorite toys or something else he likes and will follow with his nose as you lure him off the furniture.

Or, you know, just teach him not to go on the furniture in the first place.

Edit: How do I change the color of the text in my spoiler? It's white, as is the background. Just looks like a whole bunch of nothing.

daaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Wayward
Resident Slut

Leprechaun Gold : 4603
Pineapple Power : 317

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

[color=black seems to work. You have to close it up though, obviously.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:00 pm

...and I didn't even have to edit it.

Thanks, doll!

Wayward
Resident Slut

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 pm

What wayward said.

My dog isn't allowed on the furniture - so that solves that.

- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 am

Wayward wrote:Useful advice? On my Mellow Leprechauns? It's more likely than you think!

Wow, thanks! Are you the Dog Whisperer? That training technique should work on him, he's already leery of being a canine cannonball after hurting himself so we've got a head start. I can't keep him off the furniture though. How could I cuddle him?

DAWW:

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:27 am

D'awww.

This thread is now for posting your pets.

Mine.

Sorry Maniac!

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 am

D'AAWWWW

It looks like your dog is sitting in front of a heat lamp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:32 am

She was sitting in front of a kerosene heater at the time.

I'll never understand why beasts covered in hair desire warmth so much.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:50 am

Swollen Goat wrote:
Wayward wrote:Useful advice? On my Mellow Leprechauns? It's more likely than you think!

Wow, thanks! Are you the Dog Whisperer? That training technique should work on him, he's already leery of being a canine cannonball after hurting himself so we've got a head start. I can't keep him off the furniture though. How could I cuddle him?

DAWW:
I'm not Caesar Milan, no. I did get a dog training certification in 2009, but I haven't done anything with it. Happy to have the refresher while coming up with that plan, let me know how it works. If it needs to be tweaked I can hit my books for more ideas.
Your dog is hypnotically cute.

Furburt wrote:
"spoilered to save space":
D'awww.

This thread is now for posting your pets.

Mine.

Sorry Maniac!
Too...much...adorableness! Not only are your pets cute, but both pictures are in warm hues! Any more of this and I'm going to start leaking endorphins.
Wayward
Resident Slut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:57 am

Wayward wrote: let me know how it works. If it needs to be tweaked I can hit my books for more ideas.
Your dog is hypnotically cute.

I certainly will. And Max thanks you very much.

Wayward wrote: Any more of this and I'm going to start leaking endorphins.

That's hot. SOMEONE POST MORE CUTE! NAO!

Last edited by Swollen Goat on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not pathetic enough.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:02 am

CUTE STORM

I'm not even going to spoiler it!

Dog and Cat.

Cat

Dog and Cat again

Dog asleep next to friends dog

Yes, that's how my dog always sleeps.

Dog when dog was puppy

Dog when dog was even smaller puppy

Thank god my mother is a good photographer.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 am

*collapses to the floor twitching and cooing*

Wayward
Resident Slut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:05 am

Furburt, now I'm getting moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 am

Wayward wrote:*collapses to the floor twitching and cooing*

Glorious success for Honorable Chairman.

Swollen Goat wrote:Furburt, now I'm getting moist.

I know, my pets are fuckable.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 am

Ewww...different kind of endorphin rush.

Wayward
Resident Slut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 am

Wayward wrote:
Ewww...different kind of endorphin rush.

Fight or flight response?

Besides, like you NEVER wanted to diddle a pooch before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 am

I can honestly say no, not once. Not ever. I like to keep it within my own species. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Wayward
Resident Slut

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:16 am

It's probably because you train them. There's a sense of professional responsibility.

Whereas us, we diddle as we please.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Movie Martyr on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 am

Post your pet thread, eh?

Oh look, a bunny!:

You might as well sit back 'cause I ain't tryin' to show maturity.
Movie Martyr
Words Go Here

Leprechaun Gold : 21171
Pineapple Power : 10317
Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayward on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 am

Furburt wrote:Whereas us, we diddle as we please.
Well, you are Irish.

Marter wrote:Post your pet thread, eh?

Oh look, a bunny!:
Awww! Look at that little widdle face!

Last edited by Wayward on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Wayward
Resident Slut

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 am

You should call him Sampras.

Nobody will get that reference.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 am

Wayward wrote:I can honestly say no, not once. Not ever. I like to keep it within my own species. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Freak.

...since I'm still new here, I feel I should mention that I don't actually fuck my pets. Or the neighbor's for that matter. Though, Furburt does have a nice looking pussy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:24 am

Little should be spelled "widdle"

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 am

Swollen Goat wrote:
Though, Furburt does have a nice looking pussy...

You charmer, you.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am

Hey, I'll buy you a drink first...

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Post up my dog after tea

He's wuvvable

- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:32 pm

By grinningmaniac at 2010-06-06

By grinningmaniac at 2010-06-06

massive picture link!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2796/img0433p.jpg

- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Will post all four of mah dawggies in the morning. It's a bit late to bust into my mom's room and start taking photos.

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down