Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ideas!

Post by GrinningManiac on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:21 pm

I had two ideas. Neither are fully formed, and I'm not sure how either could be implemented...but heyhoo

1. A game in the vein of Dungeon Keeper / Evil Genius where you have to build a giant ancient jungle temple (Crash Bandicoot, first scene from Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark etc) with many relics, religious areas of worship, statues and objects of incredible monetary and spiritual worth. Then build a system of complicated puzzles, traps and platforming around them. Then upload it and people can try, a la LittleBigPlanet, to get all the loot. People can only upload a level into the system if they play the level themselves, proving it's beatable

2. In a story of some sort it transpires that the Dinosaurs were actually Ancient Astronauts (see TVtropes...if you dare) who could fly from which the legends of Dragons also originated. They were a dragon-like race of airborne aliens from Jupiter who had a mighty galaxy-spanning empire, but it fell apart and now their descendents have no proper records of the extent, history and achievements of their former empire.

The first would be, imho, an awesome game. The second could be a race of aliens in a space opera book/film or something

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I have a blog nao
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15070
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas!

Post by reg42 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm

GrinningManiac wrote:I had two ideas. Neither are fully formed, and I'm not sure how either could be implemented...but heyhoo

1. A game in the vein of Dungeon Keeper / Evil Genius where you have to build a giant ancient jungle temple (Crash Bandicoot, first scene from Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark etc) with many relics, religious areas of worship, statues and objects of incredible monetary and spiritual worth. Then build a system of complicated puzzles, traps and platforming around them. Then upload it and people can try, a la LittleBigPlanet, to get all the loot. People can only upload a level into the system if they play the level themselves, proving it's beatable

2. In a story of some sort it transpires that the Dinosaurs were actually Ancient Astronauts (see TVtropes...if you dare) who could fly from which the legends of Dragons also originated. They were a dragon-like race of airborne aliens from Jupiter who had a mighty galaxy-spanning empire, but it fell apart and now their descendents have no proper records of the extent, history and achievements of their former empire.

The first would be, imho, an awesome game. The second could be a race of aliens in a space opera book/film or something
I like the first one, like a lot. Not so much the second though, no offense.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 35980
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Well, the first could actually be the real sequel to Evil Genius (A game which, like the Movies, NEEDS A SEQUEL RIGHT THE FUCK NOW). Sounds good, work on it a bit.

Let me think, any ideas I've had....

A freeform roleplaying game where you start a terrorist faction from the ground up, choose what you're fighting for, recruit members, stockpile weapons, throw off investigations. On the other hand, you can play as someone like Interpol or the CIA trying to catch those wascally terrorists.

Gameplay would work a bit like a cross between Mount and Blade, Liberal Crime Squad and GTA. It'd get banned pretty much immediately though.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71847
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 pm

So there's this guy, & he gets taken by a big insectoid monster to a mass of people bits all assimilating into each other, brains become neural hubs & all parts become connected, divided up between the hubs. A hub can draw some of the mass out & form a weak body, which needs to assimilate human bodies to define itself. Eventually, it will grow into the monster that took the guy at the start, feeding the mass more humans.

Everything that comes from the mass is connected as a hivemind, ordered & driven by "Mother", a Queen-caste monster who births the mass & a "Chief" caste. The Chief caste & the mass spawn from a human body the Mother chooses. The Chief tends to the mass until monsters are produced, whereupon it goes into hibernation. Mother dies, everything that was spawned from her mass goes into mental & physical decay. When the Mother dies the Chief awakens & chooses a neural hub to become the Daughter, who is then impervious to the decay affecting the rest of the mass & its offspring, though still linked to the hivemind.
The Daughter grows faster than other offspring of the mass, eventually taking on & devouring monsters that have gone berserk in their degeneration. When the Chief's mind decays into oblivion the Daughter will consume it, & over the course of a few days transform into the Mother.

The Mother finds a human & plants a seed in it, becoming the mass. The human becomes the Chief.
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63748
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Young tomboy is going home from school

shit happens

Que final boss fight with Vincent Price's vampire ghost

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 14941
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Hubilub wrote:Young tomboy is going home from school

shit happens

Que final boss fight with Vincent Price's vampire ghost

It's a hit!

*commissions 18 spin offs*

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71847
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top