Unabletothinkofname's Review Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unabletothinkofname's Review Thread

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Yes, that's right, Unabletothinkofname Reviews is goin' cross-platform! ...or cross-forum. Whatever the fuck it is.
Anyway, direct yer requests, queries, questions and general bullshitting about my reviews and how my opinion is law here. The reviews themselves will be posted in separate threads.

COMING UP:

A Buyer's Guide: Death Metal (different from how to buy, more like individual reviews, all positive.)

Retrospective: Godflesh (career overview sorta thing)

2011 Preview:
A look forward to next year with some of the albums expected from the likes of Machine Head, Opeth, Devildriver and more.

Last edited by Unabletothinkofname on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Leprechaun Gold : 14399
Pineapple Power : 10216
Alignment : Lawful Derp

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unabletothinkofname's Review Thread

Post by Furburt on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 pm

I very much approve.

Good luck with the Godflesh thing!
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71961
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fniff on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:44 pm

I approve. In a cat. In a dog. Smell the cats in your bank account.

Anyway, I mean, what? OK, good, I might read the reviews.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bop.

Beep.

Bop.

Beep.

BOP.

BEEEEEEP.

Your Winner!
Fniff
Paradox Maker

Leprechaun Gold : 3091
Pineapple Power : 3
Alignment : Neutral Good

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Good stuff; looking forward to it.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36094
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Timotei on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Not to hound on you or reviewing or anything, but it mitigates the absolutely massive amount of metal reviews on the Escapist, I'm all for it.

Your sig annoyed me

Timotei
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Leprechaun Gold : 2803
Pineapple Power : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsAChiaotzu on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:00 am

Looking forward to your thoughts on "There is a hell.."
Because despite hating that band, I've only heard good things about the album, so it should be interesting.

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time"

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"

"This, is chemical burn"
ItsAChiaotzu
Luke Stairwalker

Leprechaun Gold : 2649

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:23 am

Timotei wrote:Not to hound on you or reviewing or anything, but it mitigates the absolutely massive amount of metal reviews on the Escapist, I'm all for it.

Well, I shall give you my personal assurances that of all the endless metal reviewers on the Escapist, Unable is most definitely the best. He could be a music journalist.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt

Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

Back to top Go down

Post by Timotei on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 am

Furburt wrote:
Timotei wrote:Not to hound on you or reviewing or anything, but it mitigates the absolutely massive amount of metal reviews on the Escapist, I'm all for it.

Well, I shall give you my personal assurances that of all the endless metal reviewers on the Escapist, Unable is most definitely the best. He could be a music journalist.
Then I'm more than willing to give reading it a try.

Often times User Reviews as shit written by people who often have no idea what they speak of. Reviewing music without mentioning the structure of music or what makes a certain song great other than ZOMG I CAN ROCK OUT SO HARD TOP THIS. People reviewing anime, games and movies based solely on story without mention of things like characterization, animation, acting, and theme. It sickens me to no end.

It's people like that who give amateur reviewers a bad name.

Your sig annoyed me

Timotei
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Leprechaun Gold : 2803

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Thank you all for the nice comments, keeps me motivated. Razz

A little update for ya'll-I've been listening a lot to the new Murderdolls and Triptykon records, both of which are fantastic, if completely different from one another, Godflesh, and of course, the new Bring Me The Horizon record. I won't hint at my opinion, but the review should drop either tonight or tomorrow, hopefully, though I am at a party this weekend, so it might be next week.

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Unabletothinkofname wrote:Thank you all for the nice comments, keeps me motivated. Razz

A little update for ya'll-I've been listening a lot to the new Murderdolls and Triptykon records, both of which are fantastic, if completely different from one another, Godflesh, and of course, the new Bring Me The Horizon record. I won't hint at my opinion, but the review should drop either tonight or tomorrow, hopefully, though I am at a party this weekend, so it might be next week.
How is the new Murderdolls? I was worried it would go too much into emo territory. I loved the first album though, if it's anything like that it's a buy from me.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 pm

reg42 wrote:
Unabletothinkofname wrote:Thank you all for the nice comments, keeps me motivated. Razz

How is the new Murderdolls? I was worried it would go too much into emo territory. I loved the first album though, if it's anything like that it's a buy from me.

I was actually surprised at how much I liked it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first album, but it's much heavier. Wednesday's voice doesn't do much for me, it's not emo, it's more...gothic, in terms of lyrics. Well, not exactly gothic, more Misfits, Tim Burton-y kind of lyrics. It is very good though, I'd give it an 8/10.

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Unabletothinkofname wrote:
reg42 wrote:

I was actually surprised at how much I liked it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first album, but it's much heavier. Wednesday's voice doesn't do much for me, it's not emo, it's more...gothic, in terms of lyrics. Well, not exactly gothic, more Misfits, Tim Burton-y kind of lyrics. It is very good though, I'd give it an 8/10.
That sounds like an endorsement. I guess I know the first place I'll be spending my sweet-ass birthday money Very Happy

reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Hallo thar, long time, no update. I've finalized my albums of the year list: the full write-up will be up in a week or so, but for now, feast thine eyes on the list if it pleases you:

Spoiler:
20: Rolo Tomassi: Cosmology
19: Parkway Drive: Deep Blue
18: Anathema: We're Here Because We're Here
17: Ozzy: Scream
16: Cancer Bats: BMSB
15: Kylesa: Spiral Shadow
14: Killing Joke: Absolute Dissent
13: Electric Wizard: Black Masses
12: Triptykon: Eparistera Daimones
11: Korn: Remember Who You Are
10: Mongo Ninja: No Cunt For Old Men
9: Four Year Strong: Enemy of the World
8: Cathedral: The Guessing Game
7: City Of Fire: City of Fire (I'm almost positive it came out this year. <_<)
6: Kvelertak: Kvelertak
5: BMTH: There Is A Hell...
4: Dillinger Escape Plan: Option Paralysis
3: Iron Maiden: The Final Frontier
2: High On Fire: Snakes for the Divine
1: Fear Factory: Mechanize

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 am

Not really my scene, but good luck!

One good Freudian slip deserves a mother.
Dude
Asbestos Baby

Leprechaun Gold : 3679
Pineapple Power : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle_Goat on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:53 am

The Ziggaruts. Their debut album of spooky clanging noises in 2008 was lack lustre, but this new album of intense mathcore riffs over a loop of the lead singer sobbing and wanking into a tin bucket is really groundbreaking. Definitely one of my albums of the year, even including the Almighty Fudgepackets log awaited eight CD tour de force "These Feelings" in which the drummer filled his trousers with contact microphones than shat himself explosively for 9 hours until he was inside out.
Uncle_Goat
The Goat That Unlearned Fear

Leprechaun Gold : 2614

Back to top Go down

Post by Terria on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Looking forward to these reviews, especially the death metal one. I've been really getting into the genre recently, so it'll be good to get some recommendations.

I'll hit you so fucking hard your children be born with dits! Your grandchildren will be born with dits!
Terria
Michele Bachmann

Leprechaun Gold : 22080
Pineapple Power : 17072

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm

AAAAAH SOMETHING ORGANIZED

The full Albums of the Year thread should be up by the end of today.

In the meantime, have a Matt Pike.

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Unabletothinkofname wrote:

In the meantime, have a Matt Pike.

I shall call him Pikey and he shall be mine and he shall be my Pikey.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 pm

UNABLETOTHINKOFNAME IN GETTING OFF HIS ASS AND DOING SOME WORK SHOCKER

Anyway, I'm here to announce my next two reviews, and they aaare...

And...

So what drove me to dual-review two vastly different bands (heavy alt-rock and demented extreme metal)?
I bought both the CD's today, and they're both awesome, so, yeah, nothing deep about it.

COMING SOON

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by miracleofsound on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 pm

AAAA!

I just came in my pants when I saw Strapping Smile

Now we all set sail in the old boat
Driftin' through the milky way
I forgot the shape of the stellar landscape
Shimmering and silver grey
miracleofsound
Cool Son-Of-A-Bitch

Leprechaun Gold : 3050
Pineapple Power : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Whoa. Long time no update. Or review.

Anyway, I'm off to the Kerrang tour this Friday, to see The Wonder Years (not bad), Framing Hanley (AAAAAARGH FUCK NO), Four Year Strong (YEAHHHHHH) and Good Charlotte (meh).

As you can tell, I'm going purely for FYS. There'll be a review up at some point this weekend of it. That Alien review should also hopefully be along shortly.

Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Pig Fecal Police on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:05 pm

You should totally review Nyan Cat...

"Huggy Bear. Oh yeah." - Lee Dorian
Vicious Pig Fecal Police
I'll take it to gringoland

Leprechaun Gold : 2629
Pineapple Power : 2
Alignment : Most of the heroin geonhamkke people

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top