Perils of Housing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Perils of Housing

Post by NightSwimming on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 am

I'm planning and saving to move out in the next couple of months. I've found a couple of amazingly-convenient-in-every-way houses, but daaaaaaamn it's getting hard!
Elyza and I are moving into a room together, then there's 3 others who need a room each and one more who we plan on letting crash where ever is most comfortable.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-sale-409827167

This place would be absolutely ideal, but it's available in a week and a half and I don't think everyone will be financially ready by then. I don't want it to slip through our fingers, but if we can't all afford it, then there's no point.

I don't even know where to begin on asking an estate agent to help out 5-6 young people find a place. Honestly, no agent or landlord will be willing to give the house to us over a family etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First thing we gotta do is get rid of all these shamrocks.
Nothing scares gay folk and black people like Irish crap.
NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Leprechaun Gold : 4541
Pineapple Power : 415
Alignment : Aged 30. Non Smoker. Liar.

Back to top Go down

Re: Perils of Housing

Post by Furburt on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 am

The only thing I can think of is if one of the people living is substantially better off than the others, they could cover one of the other deposits as well as their own.

I imagine that probably isn't the case though. I have no real good advice, last time I found a flat at short notice, I did manage to get one, but in Dublin's worst neighbourhood paying essentially the same as what I'd pay for renting a townhouse. Do the opposite of what I did.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71842
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:41 am

More revelations...now I'm uninvited to move out with them. After a year + of planning to move with my friend, she's chosen to move out with the 4 boys and, for no reason and out of the blue, doesn't want to live with me.

Elyza and I are now saving for ourselves and planning on getting a housemate to have a second bedroom. It makes it easier, I suppose. Finding a housemate in our smallish town might be hard though. Just gotta put some ads out or ask a few friends when the time comes.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:42 am

How disappointing. As you said though, that takes a lot of pressure off you and presents you the chance of a slightly more intimate abode with Miss Elyza.

Still, do break out the poison.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71842
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 am

I thought she didn't move out with you because all of a sudden your girlfriend was going to live with her. Laura, like me, has a hard time saying no. When you asked her if Elyza could live with you guys she probably wanted to say no but was too ill at ease to be truthful. She hasn't been the happiest of late man, and she was making this year her 'selfish year'. Aren't Elyza's parents estate agents? Won't they be able to get you guys' first pick on any appropriate housing/put in a good word. Sounds to me like you're better off without others Smile Just trying to provide a little insight, sounds like you're sort of left in the dark Razz
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Leprechaun Gold : 2551
Pineapple Power : 2
Alignment : Chaotic Finland

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:07 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but all she had to do was be truthful. Also, how does she think I feel that all of the sudden Darcy and Michael were added to the mix without consulting me? At least I asked her first and gave her a chance to tell me.
(I'm not shooting the messenger by the way Very Happy)

Anyway, I've moved on and am happy with Elyza's and my plans. Her folks aren't agents, but have their house on the market so they have an agent and we'll more than likely go through that person when we get serious about housing.

How is the hunt going for you guys?

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:29 pm

I really doubt she's actually going to move out, she doesn't have any proper need to... and to that end neither am I, jobless isn't a point to be moving anywhere in the first place anyway. I think she thinks its too early for you guys to be moving in together (with what a trial that is on friendships and all) Honestly I'm not too comfortable living with anyone but Laura at the moment (haven't been the most....social of late) And if you need it i've got a couch set you can have that needs a little upholstering/rug thrown over it to make it perfect. Good luck.
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 pm

The couch set looks close-to-the-same as Tony's one by the way.
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 pm

We're all set furniture wise, but I appreciate the offer anyway buddy.
I just felt pushed out of the equation without any explanation. I was left feeling unwanted and sort of like she had 'chosen' Michael and Darcy over myself. But I knew that you were her #1 person to be wanting to move in with and like you said, having me and Elyza in the house would be uncomfortable for you...but it shouldn't have been for her. Anyway, I've tossed and turned over her decision so much that I've had to let it go, or should I say, I'm still in the process of letting it go haha.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I think she was just expecting a bad reaction. Remember trying to give news to me when you were expecting bad things? Not easy, even though a lot of the time my reaction was fine. Its hard to be frank in those situations, even though its invariably the best option Razz
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Another piece of food for thought: Maybe she isn't fully comfortable with the whole lesbian thing? I know you've been bi forever but its a little different for her being straight and one of your oldest friends. I don't know if thats the case, but there's definitely more to understand than meets the eye, I just don't want you guys to wind up being pissy at each other for ages, it isn't good to lack friends in this area.

Last edited by Moldiworp2 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm

So uh... in your guys' experiences, move in with girlfriend or best friends?
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63743
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Pararaptor wrote:So uh... in your guys' experiences, move in with girlfriend or best friends?
I've only ever moved in with friends, but it's worked out great. I wouldn't advise moving in with your girlfriend unless you've been together for a long time. Trust me, I'm a relationship guru.

@Nightswimming that whole situation sounds pretty shitty dude, I take it that this is what you were referring to last time you were here? Bit of a mess.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38646
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:36 am

Yeah man, it had been plaguing my mind since before ConFest, but now I'm sorted and moved on. Hey man, now I don't have to live with Darcy.

@Para: I've spoken to a lot of people about the 'too soon' issue of moving in with a partner. The only people who have made any actual sense are couples who do live together. Honestly, it's different for everyone. Elyza and I certainly are still in the honeymoon phase, but who cares? I've already learnt so much about how to handle myself and the whole, "it's not what you say, it's how you say it". If we move in and break up, it's really no worse than not moving in and breaking up anyway, IMO (of course, there'll be more awkwardness but who gives a damn)

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 am

I'd reckon moving in together early is fine. I mean it can only horrifically blow up in your face or you can find out sooner how well you do get on.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47288
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:52 am

I think as long as you have your own hobbies and different groups of friends you'll have enough time away from eachother that you won't dream of strangling her in her sleep.

PS: Rescue a dog!

PPS: I'm the last guy who can give advice about not pissing everyone off. Disregard all my advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 am

We don't really have the second.

This is going to be academic until next year though so I've got some time to think on it.
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63743
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 am

Well everything's coming up Milhouse!
Elyza and I are moving in with a friend of mine and one of her current housemates.
We were planning on going in about 2 months, but their lease ends in 3 weeks so we're going earlier!
I want to start packing and going through my clothes, but I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.
We have 2 inspections on Saturday. I'm gunna ask if anyone has died in any of the houses.
That's what Milky should have done before he moved into A HAUNTED, VICTIM FILLED HOUSE

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 am

Fuck yeah dude, that rocks!

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38646
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 am

Sweet Noo, good luck!
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 am

Nice!

I'm fortunate in that my best mate is a landlord (and a buffoon, so there's no tense discussions of rent)

The girl downstairs in our house was initially going to live with a bunch of people she hated and so I called up landlord-mate and organised her moving in in just one hour.

We were fully prepared to spend weeks looking for a house together just so she wouldn't be living with unpleasant people. It took us an hour. Awesome.

She's moving out, though, so she can move in with her 1-year-going-on Boyfriend. They're nice people and they've seemed to pass the constant-arguing "will they won't they break up" period of last term but even so I think living together for their final year alone is a bad move.

I'd always go with friends unless the girl was long-term.

My mate lives with his fiancée of 3 years and they're fine, obviously.

मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I have a blog nao
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15065
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Moldiworp2 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:39 am

With any luck me, Laura and Darcy should be moving into Sammy's old place soon. Woo for pizza oven warmed floors.
Moldiworp2
Warrior Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:40 am

Good luck to ya, WorpiDorp! It's a really nice house. Pity there's no grass, but the deck is nice enough & you can always add plants if you feel the need Smile

We went on a couple of house inspections on Saturday and I think we found a place. It's fucking adorable. Has two bathrooms, and one of them includes a little urinal! Lemon trees, vegie patches and a GRAPE VINE! The landlords are Italian so I got along really well with the wife since I have a Nonna of my own. There's mirrors and ridiculous art work (one is outside, hanging sideways and is filled with swans) as well as the nicest floral carpet I've ever seen.
I feel 90% sure we're gunna get a yes cos the LandLady liked us so much and spent an hour talking to us.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:51 am

Sounds awesome, how many bedrooms?

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47288
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 am

Four bedrooms. Two of them are massive, one of which will be mine and Elyza's. The other two are reasonable, but a bunch of shelves need to be removed so double beds can go in. We're gunna do that ourselves.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top