Mental Health and Shit.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mental Health and Shit.

Post by PayJ on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Oh man I feel ya. I can't stand it when I can't work out, your capacity for dealing with anything diminishes. It's the lack of a serotonin boost.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47343
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomyMcDoom on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:26 am

I know that feel, I can't wait to start working out and running again, I used to be a goddamn machine, now I've got abs of jelly, and my mood has sucked a lot lately.

However, if there's anything that I've found that is a must if you're going through hard mental/emotional balance times, it's bacon, that shit is loaded with the shit your brain needs to produce loads of endorphins and shit to make you feel happy, so if you don't eat enough bacon, you're gonna have a bad time...

That or, human flesh, but that's generally frowned uppon, and it has to be someone nobody will come looking for, which in this heavily interconnected world, is hard to find.

So, my suggestions, for dealing with stress, or depression, or a shitty time in any situation, bacon and weed, they will save your soul.

Also booze, and maybe more weed.

Of course you gotta precede the booze and weed with a 10km run, because that way your lungs are all open and shit, so you get extra high extra fast... Also the physical strain will not only tire you out so the couch feels comfier, but also pump you with adrenaline and hit you with all sorts of feel good endorphins and shit.
DoomyMcDoom
Luke Stairwalker

Leprechaun Gold : 1914
Pineapple Power : 0
Alignment : Chaotic Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:56 pm

I would disagree with drinking alcohol when depressed. Especially if you're on meds, as I am. Drinking totally fucks me over. The next day I'll think I have a hangover. My motivation drops and I become easily agitated with people. That's not to say I stopped drinking, but I'll only drink on an occasion.

Grass, however, I smoke it whenever I have it and it has never given me any negative side effects. No paranoia or laziness whatsoever.

So eat bacon and smoke spiced cigarettes!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First thing we gotta do is get rid of all these shamrocks.
Nothing scares gay folk and black people like Irish crap.
NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Leprechaun Gold : 4596
Pineapple Power : 415
Alignment : Aged 30. Non Smoker. Liar.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomyMcDoom on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:18 am

Bacon indeed is a miracle food, and yeah if you're medicated I wouldn't suggest bozzing too much, and I guess depending on your personality and reaction to booze it may not be the greatest thing, I always find a bottle of vodka does me wonders, but I'm not exactly a normal or stable person to begin with so maybe I'm an oddity in how booze seems to make me jolly, and due to almost never getting a hangover (unless I get smashed on beer, that shit kills me the next day), I'm always chipper as usual, which isn't to say much, but I don't seem any more irritable or mean the day after getting drunk off my ass...
DoomyMcDoom
Luke Stairwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm all good now. And yeah bacon is good, but not internet-religion good. That shit annoys me.

Merry fucking christmas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katzenjammer on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 pm

PayJ wrote:It's the lack of a serotonin boost.

Take some eccies instead then lol

She's turned the weans against us.
Katzenjammer
Zoot Suit

Leprechaun Gold : 6471
Pineapple Power : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Man I feel like shit! Everything is perfect yt i feel like shit! So I#'ma gonna sty drunk till nye mo fuckas¬!

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26680
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Jesus, I feel shit. I can't help worrying about every little thing in my life even though I know worrying is just making this ulcer worse, which naturally makes me worry more.
I'm not even smoking weed these days (not that there is any), but it just seems like I can't regulate my mind anymore at all. If the ulcer gets worse and starts bleeding it could actually kill me, quite painfully, but that knowledge doesn't really change anything.

Fuck, if I could be anything other than a worrier. I'd rather be an arrogant prick who nobody liked than full of anxiety.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71897
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 am

I'm sorry to hear that pal. What sort of things are worrying you? Minor or major? When I feel like that I find sorting out a few of the simpler problems, puts me at ease for a while.

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:39 am

College mainly, but just life in general. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself in the long term. I'm sure that's a problem for everyone but it plays on my mind daily.

Furburt

Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 am

I suppose it's time to add my two cents to this pot.

I'm a bored, unmotivated, passionless, burnt-out shut in at the age of 19. I basically stumble through the day in a semi-depressed daze, I wake, I eat, I do the daily tasks (school, chores etc) and then kill my time browsing 4chan before going to bed. Nothing interests me, I procrastinate all the fucking time and can't seem to get off my ass and fix my problems. I don't have a job, I don't have a license, I hate looking at pictures of myself because I'm disgusted by my weight, I have no hobbies, no interests, I don't have friends, I don't listen to music anymore, I don't watch TV, my life's just one big fucking, self-hating, boring void and I do nothing to remedy it.

I don't even want to get out of bed in the morning, my whole life is one big 'what's the fucking point?'. Lately, my mental state has been deteriorating, my days are uneventful and like I said, I spend it in some sort of bored, depressed state, but now, I occasionaly feel random bouts of extreme anger or find myself suddenly on the verge of tears and wanting to vomit.

I have no fucking clue what to do with my life, since I was only 4 I've wanted to join the army and now I don't want to because with my current level of health, I'd fail the exam and take another hit to my self-esteem which I definitely don't need. Maybe I'll just stumble off into the woods with a bottle of rum and see if the fear of freezing to death will get me doing something.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14550
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomyMcDoom on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 am

Hey Kharloth, you sound like me when I was 19, I know how you feel man, if you want, once I get myself set up in a decent apartment down here in moncton, I could put you up and help you find a job and stuff, start you on the path to a life that doesn't suck so much... or you can get yourself a job where you are, and just work on one thing at a time, either way, trick is either push yourself really hard, or focus really hard on one problem at a time, because once you start succeeding, even if it's just committing to and accomplishing one goal, everything else starts looking better.

If there's one thing I know about life, it's that the idler you are, the idler you stay, the less you do, the less you want to do, or are interested in doing... It's kinda like the law of innertia, and you're like a boulder rolling down a straight slope with a shit ton of side paths, it just takes a lot of energy to get the innitial push to change direction, but once you do, it gets easier and easier to go where you want to in life.

When it comes to weight I know a lot of easy ways to reduce body fat that take little to no effort physically, they're mainly simple diet changes, hell I lost 80lbs in 6 months, wasn't even doing any fitness stuff, I just cut pop, candy, Chips, and most flour products outa my diet, started eating less starchy stuff, more of just meat, veggies, fruit, and like, brown rice, and soup, and all that sorta stuff, like I ate pizza occasionally and such just thin crust, gradual process, not all at once, started with pop, started drinking tea a lot, then bread, stopped eating sandwiches, started getting creative with salads and soups and just froze/nuked soup or whatnot... that kinda thing...
DoomyMcDoom
Luke Stairwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 am

@Kharloth: I'm no smarter than you so everything I say will be obvious because I barely know you, so maybe I could just show you something.
my life's just one big fucking, self-hating, boring void and I do nothing to remedy it.
my life's just one big fucking, self-hating, boring void and I do nothing to remedy it.
http://www.innerexplorations.com/chmystext/isit.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KitWepuW2Qk

Mike Tyson became the best athlete in the world for many reasons. Two of the most important were:
Self-esteem.
Discipline.

Your post seems to give a lot away about your problem. Every word you used about yourself was negative. Here's what your post should be if you were being realistic with yourself.
I'm a bored, unmotivated, passionless, burnt-out shut in at the age of 19 and I know I could be more. I basically stumble through the day in a semi-depressed daze, I wake, I eat, I do the daily tasks (school, chores etc) and then kill my time browsing 4chan before going to bed and I want to change. Nothing interests me, I procrastinate all the fucking time and can't seem to get off my ass and fix my problems, but I'm going to stop. I don't have a job, I don't have a license, I hate looking at pictures of myself because I'm disgusted by my weight, I haven't tried any new hobbies, deny what interests me, I don't have friends besides the people I take for granted, I don't listen to music anymore, I don't watch TV, my life's can only improve, all of my problems can be overcome because I can see they are problems.

I don't even want to get out of bed in the morning but tomorrow I'm getting up early no matter how little sleep I get. My whole life is one big 'what's the fucking point?'. Lately, my mental state has been deteriorating, my days are uneventful and like I said, I spend it in some sort of bored, depressed state, but now, I occasionaly feel random bouts of extreme anger or find myself suddenly on the verge of tears and wanting to vomit. I use negative language about myself all the time without realizing its part of the problem.

I have no fucking clue what to do with my life, since I was only 4 I've wanted to join the army and now I don't want to because with my current level of health, I'd fail the exam and take another hit to my self-esteem which I definitely don't need. Wait, I know exactly what I want to do with my life but all the things I DON'T CARE ABOUT are stopping me. I want to be in the army but lied to myself so I can keep on doing what I'm doing

You're pretending you're a piece of shit when you've already accomplished the most important part. You want to change, you admit fault and you've shared this with people who are, I think, close to you. You've got a lack of self esteem and discipline. Fortunately these things cost nothing to get.

Accomplish anything, and admit it was an accomplishment. Actually write it down. When you feel upset, admit you're being silly and forgive yourself for whatever tiny little, inconsequential thing it was that you did wrong. Doomy McDoom wrote a fucking wicked post and if you don't take his advice you're losing something a lot more valuable than whatever shit you were gonna read on 4chan.

Do me a favour and run the Nam RP you wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 am

If it makes any difference, anyone over the age of 35 with a bit of sense who I've talked to about this says that 18-21 were unequivocally their hardest years when it came to identity and carving a place for yourself in the world. People don't really take you seriously either until you're about 22-23.

EDIT: Not that that invalidates individual problems, but it certainly frames them.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:26 pm

I can only ever suggest finding a passion in life cause it really has sorted mine out. As for the health shit I'm always more than happy to help anyone with that.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, I fucking wish I had something like that. Writing does it for me but I don't do nearly enough of it.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Did you give that TV Show idea a go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Nah, working on TV shows since then has told me that I need a lot more experience before I'd be able to handle the stress of helming a production myself. I'm doing a studio operator course in a couple of weeks though, so I'll be certified to operate the studio by myself.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 pm

I'd listen to you on the radio and you're certainly cultured enough for the job.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Podcasts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Thank you all for the kind words and advice, I'll be sure to take your suggestions to heart and try to implement them in some way.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14550
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomyMcDoom on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Yeah meng, you better take our kind words and advice seriously, and start applying them to your life, otherwise I might hafta hop a ride up to where you live, and like, give you a stern talkin' to eh.

But yeah, if you ever need advice, or tips/pointers, I know I've been through a lot o shit in my life, and I made it through alright, and no doubt the other members of this forum have also experienced life's nastier side as well, and well, they're all alive (I hope).

Also as your fellow Canadian, and as I live only a short distance away, I may have insight that could be useful to you, feel free to ask if you need more specific advice.
DoomyMcDoom
Luke Stairwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:51 pm

You niggers need a few brewskis and shoot a bear or however you kids in Canada chill.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

@Stinky: I keep meaning to reactivate my youtube channel and put some proper shit up there. Live action Momo Murphy or some nonsense.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

I liked your interview with Dan. How does he come up with all that?

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:05 pm

He doesn't know. It's like he has a lunacy tap in his head.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 pm

It's a real skill to make it genuinely funny and interesting.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 pm

The funny thing is is that everyone in his job thinks he's boring. If only they knew.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Yeah I'm nothing like I am anywhere else when I'm at work. You've just got to switch off and do your time.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Kharloth, your on the right track buddy as Stinky says. You are far from a lost cause. You have the willingness to change and people who are happy to help you if you ever need it mate. I just wanted to emphasise what Joe said above. I know, mental health and fitness are always being brought up simultaneously but it's for a good reason. Come up with a simple workout and get into a routine of doing it 4 to 5 times a week for about half an hour a day. Joe may shoot me down here but I think healthy eating etc all comes later. Once you are exercising regularly, you will be a lot more eager to change your lifestyle and I'm sure that at first significant upheaval may seem daunting.

I cannot overstate this enough. Exercise has pulled myself (plus and some others, I think) back from some dark places. To be honest, I only workout occasionally now but the difference exercise made to my life still remains. When I look at my body and I am by no means ripped but I am still filled with satisfaction. Vanity, maybe it is but I see the result of those hours I spent exercising, and the still significant difference from years ago when I was skinny and weak. Physically, I may not be anywhere near as strong as I was but the muscle that remains fills me with confidence. I wanted to gain muscle and I did it, mirrors are a constant reminder that you are not powerless and although the task may seem daunting at first, as each day passes you will only feel more satisfied in your self.

The trouble with appearance is that when you see yourself, you will feel responsible for your image, when you are not in shape, you are reminded of your neglected responsibility to look after your appearance. Fitness is the path that allows you to change your appearance. At some point you will see that you are capable of maintaining that responsibility and that if you are determined you can achieve anything.

As I say, if you want to change how you look and gain a sense of self-worth, exercise is definitely a good option to take. It isn't necessary but it is one of the easiest and more impacting steps you can take.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 pm

I agree with healthy eating coming later but I stick by the fact that a few changes MUST be made straight away. I still drunk a more than reasonable for a good 4-7 months when I first started exercising.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Furburt wrote:College mainly, but just life in general. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself in the long term. I'm sure that's a problem for everyone but it plays on my mind daily.

Ah. Well if it's college shit and I know this may be difficult or impossible, but I would say that you should make an effort to deal with that first. I'm in a similar place so similar I get the feeling I may be projecting my own issues onto you. I'm not doing great at college but the stress causes you to enter a state where you are worrying about every problem you have. The major problems might not be solvable but if you take active steps to solve some of them then you will feel less pressure to solve everything. You should try and focus on the short term, Fabian, because the long term makes no difference. I mean it, the long term problems are going to be the ones you have no control over. They will do nothing but distract you. No matter how significant they are, if you neglect the short term shit like college work etc then it becomes a bigger problem.

I completely empathise with you on this one because I have done the exact same thing lately. Hell, this thread probably wouldn't exist if I hadn't been fucking up at college.

List your problems and give each one a deadline. Then set about solving each of them. It works for me anyway. I'd like to offer my advice but I don't really know enough about your specific problems mate, you can share them if you like or if you'd rather speak to someone else that's fine with me as well.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:20 pm

EDIT: @Joe: Joe is right. He is wiser in fitness matters than me and I took a few too many liberties when I used to workout regularly.

Mr. Wiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Katzenjammer on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 am

Finally downloaded Fruity Loops so I can start making music on my laptop.

Been meaning to do this for fucking ages.

She's turned the weans against us.
Katzenjammer
Zoot Suit

Leprechaun Gold : 6471
Pineapple Power : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Gah, I hate being stressed all the fucking time. It's impossible to enjoy anything anymore, I can't watch films or play games or anything. The whole world's grey.

I know I keep going on about it but I if I don't have a major change for the better in my life this year I'm going to completely lose my mind.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 am

I'm still very much in the midsts of dealing with my depression. Another set back for the past week is that I've been getting brain zaps from my meds. I can't read because looking side to side sends quick volts of spasmy pain through my skull. Makes me feel nauseous and anxious. I think I'll have to change my meds, which means a period of lowering my intake (which will mean withdrawal caused brain zaps) and then a severely depressed period before going on a new med.

I'm trying to look at it positively though. I think I'll close my eyes and make a painting of what a brain zap feels like deep in my brain. Plus having Elyza to daydream about has boosted my self confidence and made me feel attractive.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomyMcDoom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 am

I know depression all too well, it's a horrible raging cunt that tries to kill you, and the worst thing about it, is you can never completely get rid of it, and it dwells inside you.
Stress, stress is a hard thing to have a lot of, because it can both cause and be caused by depression, meaning that it can snowball badly if it's not stopped.
I always reccomend smokin some green for stress, that or meditating, or both, same for depression to a certain extent, because depression feeds off of your thoughts, if you can clear your mind and think of only very specific things, like cold calculated plans for solving problems, then it tends to ease it for at least a little while.
DoomyMcDoom
Luke Stairwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 am

I agree Dooms, smoke helps a lot with depression. As long as someone isn't the kind who becomes anxious or paranoid, it's amazingly helpful. Triggers my creativity, motivation and makes me socialise.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomyMcDoom on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:17 am

Anxiousness and paranoia tend to be more the domain of a head high dominated smoke session, which is why I tend to stick to kush, that shit just relaxes you a fuckton, and makes couches feel so damn comfy you feel like writing poetry about it, but then you get too lazy to bother, and just luxuriate on the couch.
DoomyMcDoom
Luke Stairwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am

In moderation lenn is pretty brilliant. I have to be mad careful with my moderarion though.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down