Festivals!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Festivals!

Post by reg42 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Festivals; I love them, you (probably) love them. They're great, or at least the ones I've been to are.

I've been to quite a few, but the most note-worthy were...

My Coke Fest 2008:
This was my first fest, so I was quite blown away. Looking back, it really wasn't that great, but I have a few fond memories nontheless. The international line-up consisted of Kaiser Chiefs (who actually put on a very entertaining show), Good Charlotte (meh), Chris Cornell (well... I liked Black Hole Sun...), 30 Seconds to Mars (complete shit), Muse (people said they were the most sought after live show in the world at that point, but I have no idea why; they had no crowd interaction and played standing pretty much still... Music was alright I guess), and Korn. Korn was awesome because they were my favourite band at the moment and they seemed to be playing from the heart - it didn't feel like just another live show.

Splashy Fenn 2010:
Spashly Fenn is a hippy's paradise. Live music going pretty much all the time, a fantastic vibe, some of the friendliest people on the planet, and pretty much any drug you could hope for. It went on for 4 days, so I won't mention all the bands. It's mainly got local bands, but HORSE the Band were there - great mosh.
For those who have Facebook, there's this video. You see the guys in the santa suites? My friend's brother and his friend.The video makes it look a lot tamer than it was. I've got one or two nice stories from this place.

Care to share your festival stories?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36033
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Re: Festivals!

Post by Unabletothinkofname on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Mate. I really wish there were metal festivals in Ireland...

Though my main ambition is to go to Bloodstock in the UK sometime soon. Epic festival, the only real metal festival in the British Isles.

Just check out the last 2 years' lineup.

2010:

2009:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Unabletothinkofname
Delirium Cordia

Leprechaun Gold : 14338
Pineapple Power : 10216
Alignment : Lawful Derp

http://ocean-machines.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:27 pm

I've been to Electric Picnic, the Galway music festival, and a bunch of other smaller ones around the country.

And to be honest, I didn't like any of them. I just don't think I like festivals much. Too loud, too many people.

Give me a 200 person gig any day.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71900
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Hate festivals

Too many people. It's less about a crapton of people listening/rocking out to the music and more a crowd interacting (sometimes aggressively) with itself whilst music happens in the background

Much prefer arenas

मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I have a blog nao
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15123
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam1390 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm not too fond of festivals, too many crowds. The only one I go to is a small Celtic festival that takes place in Hartford.

I had a pretty good time at the last one, I got my spare chef coat signed by two of my favorite Celtic bands, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers and Albannach.

Our music is a shelter where we know we're not alone. We sing the words of our favorite songs, they bring us home. We find a little comfort, a little peace of mind. Say goodbye to being left out, hello friend please come on in.
Liam1390
Luke Stairwalker

Leprechaun Gold : 2573
Pineapple Power : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:30 am

I generally prefer stand alone gigs to festivals really, plus, festivals cost a shitload. I've only been to one or two, and it's never been a line up i've really been interested in until Pyramid this year. Built to Spill and fucking Future of the Left! Can't go though.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38704
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 am

Never been to one.

Family keeps trying to get me into Con-fest though.
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63801
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:37 am

Pararaptor wrote:Never been to one.

Is that the same over there as it is over here? I've been to Confest a couple of times, looking to go again next easter. It's insanely fun walking around baked, naked and covered in mud, especially when you're with 2000 other people doing exactly the same thing.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Pararaptor on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:46 am

MilkyFresh wrote:

Is that the same over there as it is over here? I've been to Confest a couple of times, looking to go again next easter. It's insanely fun walking around baked, naked and covered in mud, especially when you're with 2000 other people doing exactly the same thing.
Considering it's probably the same festival, yeah.
The problem is though, I will be with my family or people who are friends with my parents & so, no funny business.
Pararaptor
10 Foot Tall Walking Avocado

Leprechaun Gold : 63801
Pineapple Power : 50698

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pararaptor

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:48 am

Pararaptor wrote:
MilkyFresh wrote:

The problem is though, I will be with my family or people who are friends with my parents & so, no funny business.
Yuh, there's no way I'd want to go with my parents...

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by reg42 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

MilkyFresh wrote:
Pararaptor wrote:
MilkyFresh wrote:

Yuh, there's no way I'd want to go with my parents...
I went to Splashy with my dad. At first I thought I'd be tied down by him, but he ended up getting baked most of the time. He even got baked with my friend's brother without even realising it.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck/Mutha, mutha fuck fuck/Mutha fuck, mutha fuck/Noinch, noinch, noinch

1-2-1-2-3-4/Noinch, noinch, noinch/Smokin' weed/Smokin' wiz/Doin' coke/Drinkin' beers/Drinkin' beers, beers, beers

Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts/Who smokes the blunts/We smoke the blunts/Rollin' blunts and smokin...

Oh, let me get a nickle bag

15 bucks little man/Put that shit in my hand/If that money doesn't show/Then you owe me owe me owe

My jungle looooove/Oh-e-oh-e-oh/I think I wanna know ya, know ya"
reg42
Uncle Mint Floss

Leprechaun Gold : 36033
Pineapple Power : 30214
Alignment : Chaotically good looking

http://www.last.fm/user/reg42

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 am

Maybe going to Future Music next year. Dunno though.

Spoiler:

It's like a list of epic then KE$HA and my erection is destroyed Sad

One good Freudian slip deserves a mother.
Dude
Asbestos Baby

Leprechaun Gold : 3618
Pineapple Power : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top