Things you did today

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things you did today

Post by Furburt on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Our mechanic told us that apparently if you even have seatbelts unplugged that's enough for a fail.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 72013
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm going to Nick Cave tomorrow! Also, Public Image Limited.

They had a good idea to establish a festival within cycling distance of my house. Body and soul.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Furburt

Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Fuck yeah Nick fucking Cave motherfucker???!?!!!
Bad Seeds or Grinderman?

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38817
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Bad Seeds. Although I listened to their new album and I didn't really like it. Very meandering. I had to listen to some old school Birthday Party stuff afterward. Still, I'm sure it'll be good live.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Haven't heard the new album yet, but fuck I want to bone Nick Cave

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 pm

So do most men I know.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 pm

I want to commit a murder with him.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Fuck I would love to watch Nick Cave strangle a hooker

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 pm

He'd be so calm and existential about it too. Then he'd say something like:

"I must bring my fallen bride down to the water, and damn her to eternal, oh my Lord"

He does talk a lot about 'going down to the water' in his songs, I've noticed.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Wow, what a fucking day yesterday was. I'm going to write extensively about it now, for my own benefit. It's a bit humblebraggy, but I am actually genuinely incapably exhausted.

So that documentary I was talking about for that hemp museum in Dublin? Basically, so many people bailed on it that I had to end up doing almost everything. My dad was editing the documentary, I was writing it and my mum was doing a voiceover. Family business!

But then, more hippies pulled out until I got sweet talked into arranging the exhibits, writing about the exhibits and labeling the exhibits, as well as writing the documentary and also the press releases.

So I was pretty pissed off about what a stupidly huge amount of work I'd managed to talk myself into, and worked all through the weekend until Tuesday morning, when everything was finally done, the posters were being printed at the printers, the design for the exhibits was done and the documentary was exporting. At this point, being half-crazed with lack of sleep, I then agreed to film the whole thing for the tv show I work for.

But why, why did I then agree to film 3 other segments before the hemp museum officially opened at 4? I had loads of time to kill before that, so rather than doing my usual thing of wandering around the city aimlessly, I decided to fill the time.

This was a stupid move, because those 3 shoots ended up being some of the most awkwardly organised things I've ever been to. It was for a festival later this week in a deprived part of Dublin, we were filming intros to the events that would be happening in various places.

Comedy of errors. It took years for my crew to assemble, and when they did, we couldn't get into the studio where the cameras were because another crew were filming and wouldn't let us in even when they weren't doing a take. So we had to kick heels for 30 minutes, so what was loads of time was looking quite tight.
The locations were far further apart than the person who organised it implied, so it took us ages to get to the first one. When we did, we found the microphone was broken, so I had to sprint back about 2k to the studio to get a new one.

It was only when I was halfway back that I got a call from my crew that the camera kit they were given by the pricks in the studio was the one with the misalligned lens that needed fixing, which is not what it said on the bag. So I had to run back to the studio and then run to the first shoot, only this time carrying extremely heavy camera equipment.

We rushed the shoot and finished early just to get to the hemp thing. There were a couple of good bits, one where I'm going down the stairs of a church while talking to camera with my hands clasped and I look like David Attenborough, but it was mostly shite. It was all badly written, and it was written without being said, so it really didn't flow off the tongue and me and the other presenters kept fluffing our takes with minutes left on the clock. I shouted CUNT really loudly in a church without realising what I'd done.

The hemp museum was great though. I just sent the instructions for the placement of things, I didn't actually take part in the construction, nor did I even see the place properly completed before the opening.
It was really surreal being in a museum where you've written everything that's on the walls, and your mothers voice is playing in the background on a documentary.

Anyway, then Ming Flanagan turned up! You know Ming, the mad politician here who has a beard and wants to legalise dope. Anyway, I managed to swing an interview with him.
I don't agree with all of his policies by a long shot but in person he's a very amiable rural man, and we talked before and after filming about bogs, and hemp and bicycles. He was really nice to talk to the young fool like me for so long, and the interview turned out very well, I think.

I have never sweated so much in one day. It was the hottest day since 2004 over here yesterday, could have been 35C at one point, which here with 100% humidity is lethal.
Plus, the hemp museum is in a well insulated underground basement. I actually bought a new shirt and threw my old one in a bin because it was so ruined with sweat. As I was interviewing Ming, I could see sweat dripping off his beard, and sweat drops falling from my hair onto my interview notes.

And then, for some fucking reason, I went home and tidied up the whole house. Where did I get the energy?

So yeah, I'm absolutely fucking shattered. I cannot move. My legs are locked into position, my body is sunburnt and sweat scoured and sore, and my brain is swimming. I'm still in bed, which I never do.
I'm having trouble reminding myself that yesterday actually happened. I will now need a week of sleepy movie watching and light gardening to bring me back to normal.

Sorry for the long story, but I had such a weird day, with such polar experiences, I just wanted to go a bit gonzo.

Last edited by Furburt on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Oh, and I was stoned off me tits for a great deal of this. After 5pm, anyway.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 pm

I was worried it wasn't gonna be a pleasant tale but it all turned out alright in the end! The more I hear the more I have decided that I definitely need to witness this fabled institution, it just sounds fucking maaaad! I know of Ming and to be honest and from the whole legalisation supporting, I assumed he was an idealistic hippy type, I'm aware of the stereotyping but out of interest, what are the differences in opinion of which ye fellas share? (Sorry I would finish this but my parents are angry because we are half way through Training Day and I decided to read Melleps. I would only forget to replyas I have been drinking. Sadly working 10 hr shifts has rather fucked my relationship with sweet Mary-Jane's Restorative!)

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26796
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 am

It's actually to do with bog cutting, he opposes EU regulations to ban bog-cutting, as I do as well, but the difference is is that he has no problem with large corporations being allowed to remain as well as private cutters, whereas I want them to ban the big English companies gnawing away at unique bogland near my home and just allow the local farmers who've been doing for centuries to keep doing it.

Sounds relatively minor, but it's been a big point of contention in this country, as we have the only bogs like this in the world, and they basically have their own ecosystem.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by LordCuthberton on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 am

Spent today trying to think of the most awful birthday presents.

Phoned up a local prison and I'm so annoyed they won't let me pay for a guided tour.

He that climbs the highest has the greatest fall.

PRAISE THE SUN
LordCuthberton
"Aha, I am also an assassin"

Leprechaun Gold : -2147472322
Pineapple Power : 1990

https://www.facebook.com/100PercentWinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:36 am

You are a very brave soul, Fabian.

You should put all this shit down on your resume. "Did EVERYTHING at a museum once. EVERYTHING.

I DID ALL OF IT

ALL OF IT I DID"

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 15137
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:13 pm

LordCuthberton wrote:Spent today trying to think of the most awful birthday presents.

Phoned up a local prison and I'm so annoyed they won't let me pay for a guided tour.

A one way ticket to Damascus.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Assassin's Creed would be a terrible gift

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 15137
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Push them out of a window and shout "And now, YOU are an assassin"

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by LordCuthberton on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Before falling out the window too because of a clumsy control scheme.

PRAISE THE SUN
LordCuthberton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:07 pm

@Furburt: The revolutionary has already been corrupted by the corporations! I bet he'd let GlaxoSmithKline grow his weed for him, the capitalist puppet!

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26796
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Got to drive one of these bay boys wednesday. It was great fun. Not the sort of bike I'd want but it was loverly to have a go. Getting really into bikes these days. Getting mad sweet at driving mine can lean it like a mo-fucker.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47459
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:43 pm

@Joe: That is one sexy ass bike. If I bought one I'd like that kind, had a soft spot for them since Vice City and Terminator 2.

Walnutman
Refuses to Let Humanity Be Undermined by Robotics

Leprechaun Gold : 6925
Pineapple Power : 617

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:07 am

I always forget this subforum is here since I default to the Zone

That was a really awesome day, Furb, you should be insanely proud of that. I can't even concieve the amount of work. You should beam now. That kind of smile that actually generates light. Beam, you beautiful bastard. BEEEEM

today I sat at the computer, as I have been doing for the last seven days, because I am all alone with a dog. There was a thunderstorm so that was cool I had to save the guinea pigs again. I cooked pasta and chorizo and made my own pasta sauce. It was okay but I really need to get better at dicing onion because at the moment all I get is fingernail-sized pieces and they don't blend so much as stick into the sauce like doritos in salsa.

Tomorrow I am going to pack for Sweden and god willing this time in two days time I will be sleeping in the departures lounge in Stanstead.

मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15236
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 am

Quit my job. MORE TIME FOR MELLOW LEPRECHAUNS

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 am

We can have that cyber orgy where we press our genitals against our hard drives and the other person hacks our computer to find certain files, causing the hard drive to spin in an erotic and pleasurable manner.

You prooooooomiiiiiiisseeed...

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:36 am

@Milky: What made you quit?

Walnutman
Refuses to Let Humanity Be Undermined by Robotics

Leprechaun Gold : 6925
Pineapple Power : 617

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:50 am

Furburt wrote:We can have that cyber orgy where we press our genitals against our hard drives and the other person hacks our computer to find certain files, causing the hard drive to spin in an erotic and pleasurable manner.

You prooooooomiiiiiiisseeed...
That's not gay is it? I don't do gay stuff.
Walnutman wrote:@Milky: What made you quit?

Working 75-85 hours a work for an average of like $6 an hour in an insanely stressful environment. Fuck that shit, not worth it.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 am

No, it will merely confirm our status as pussy-smashing Hummer/men hybrids.

Are you still heading to Sydney?

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by LordCuthberton on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Got a new job within 5 days of moving back to Uni. That's a new record for me.

Also, I have no internet in my new digs till the 15th, as such all my posting is from web cafes and wi-fi pubs.

KEEP IT REAL GUYS

@Milky: How long was your tenure? Can you use this experience to get a better role in the future?

PRAISE THE SUN
LordCuthberton

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:54 am

@Henry Three or four months. Ideally it would have been longer, but I just couldn't hack that shit any more.

@Furb Nah, not going to Sydney. Fuck that.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:12 am

Pretty much expected when you're 19. Good stuff man, no more soul destroying. Throwing positive vibes your way. EAT THEM

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by LordCuthberton on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:08 pm

4 months is better than anything below it. Hopefully you can swing a good excuse for leaving the position in your next interview. "Couldn't hack the pressure" isn't the most employable phrase.

PRAISE THE SUN
LordCuthberton

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:10 pm

I'd say fib slightly about them putting in that ridiculous thing where you only got paid by commission. No one in the world would blame you for leaving.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Just got in a punch up with my best mate of 8 years.

Shit feeling.

Going to have to go to him tomorrow apologising like a child. Fucksake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Any serious bruises either side?

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 am

My lip is the only thing that looks bad on me right now. I think I bit it which sort of makes me suspect that I was sucker punched because I keep my mouth shut when people start throwing punches. 

Don't know what he looks like havent seen him yet today. 

Guys are worse than girls sometimes with this drama.

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Five months ago isn't today you idiot

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top