Griefing in Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Griefing in Games

Post by Xandy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Post stories of griefing/trolling in games here.

>playing Dark Souls
>go to Darkmoon Garden, an early PvP zone
>players who are in human form will get invaded by other players who are members of the Forest Hunter covenant and must fight each other
>enter human form, prepare a chameleon spell
>go to a random spot in the forest, cast chameleon
>my character cannot run or fight, but now looks exactly like one of the thousand bushes in the forest
>random Forest Hunter player invades my world
>runs around a bit, trying to find where I am so he can fight me
>another player arrives, runs around a bit and realizes she can't see me anywhere
>both of them don't know what the hell is going on and where the hell I am
>they're stuck in my world and they can't leave the forest area until they kill me or die
>five minutes later both Forest Hunters suicide via running off a cliff, I get almost 15,000 souls since they were both defeated

TrollEd

Problem, Forest Hunter scum?

Last edited by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wu-Tang is for the children!
Xandy
Halfblood Prince of Persia

Leprechaun Gold : 24751
Pineapple Power : 1164
Alignment : Chaotic Faggy

Back to top Go down

Re: Griefing in Games

Post by owyn_merrilin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 am

I don't have any stories of personal griefing, but that reminded me of a particularly epic Everquest troll I read about on cracked. To wit:

#4. Fansy the Famous Bard Isn't Touching You, You Can't Get Mad (EverQuest)

Online gamers are MacGyvers of murder. There is nothing they can't improvise into death and grief, an art perfected by Fansy the Famous when he inverted a rule preventing high level players from bullying beginners into genocide. The Sullon Zek server was an infamous "no rules" haven of exploits until Fansy made it cry uncle. The server was 70 percent evil and 20 percent neutral, turning the usual epic battle between good and evil into a circle-stomp on good's weeping face. Every fight went the way combat between an army of evil and a few lone heroes would actually go.

After being blasted two dozen times it didn't matter if Han shot first.
Fansy was a level 5 good bard -- in EverQuest terms barely potty-trained and so low other players couldn't attack him. His only combat ability was running faster than a group of lumbering Sand Giants. But Fansy had a plan. He realized that his simple, intimidating power could be turned into a devastating weapon could kill everyone everywhere. So in the middle of a battle that he had no right surviving for more than a minute, Fansy provoked two dozen of the Sand Giants into attacking him. This probably looked profoundly stupid to anyone who bothered to pay attention, since Sand Giants can kill everything.
And then Fansy started running. What he'd realized is that Sand Giants can only kill what they can catch. And since he was one of the only things in the game that didn't fall under that category, he could kill everything with Sand Giant while they tried to catch him. Fansy annihilated vast swathes of the server by running away at them.

http://www.notacult.com/fansynews.htm

You'll notice that one giant is 1) 20 times the size of a player and 2) screwing that entire building.
But Fansy's true exploit was making sure his victims deserved it. He'd wandered around the "no rules" server like a fantasy Forrest Gump being nice to people, wearing bright colors, and being called Fansy, ensuring that everyone had called him a fag at least twice. Then he unleashed vengeance with a vast conga line of burly giants pounding everyone's asses. At which point the cool evil players suddenly decided "no rules" was unfair and whined until moderators arrived. The first moderator to show up said "cool," reminded Fansy there were no rules, and enjoyed watching him do it.
The second asked him to stop, based on a rule on the no rules server (which hadn't existed earlier that day), and Fansy acquiesced. All someone had to do was ask nicely! Which no one on Sullon Zek had tried, although they had tried calling him a no-life 12-year-old basement-dwelling homo one million times. It's a little strange that people playing a fantasy game would hate him so much, since he's basically recreated the the exact plot of Lord of the Rings for them: a small, underpowered idiot using unkillable allies to defeat a land of evil. We're sure the irony wasn't lost on Fansy, and that he was just too nice to point it out.

Read more: The 7 Most Elaborate Dick Moves in Online Gaming History | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-elaborate-dick-moves-in-online-gaming-history/#ixzz1oC3F0ZF7

Congratulations, Xandy, you pulled a reverse Fansy.

Edit: Re-reading that, I'm seriously reminded of Ryan. I could just see that being the real reason behind his original goal of getting mod powers; deep cover trolling, with a huge payoff at the end. If he were anyone else, I'd even assume that was what was really going on. But I just don't think he has it in him.
owyn_merrilin
Sexy Murder Victim

Leprechaun Gold : 7097
Pineapple Power : 907
Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 am

Forest Hunters had it coming. Buncha ninja faggots with their weeaboo weapons and stealth equipment bullshit.

SUNBROS FOR LIFE

PRAISE THE SUN

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Xandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:13 am

I joined the Forest Hunters by accident and stayed for the souls and stuff. I use a greatsword and shit, no stealth for me.

Walnutman
Refuses to Let Humanity Be Undermined by Robotics

Leprechaun Gold : 6905
Pineapple Power : 617

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 am

If that greatsword is a lightning one, and you wear a suit of heavy armour with Havel's Ring and a herpa derpa mask, I will skullfuck you right here and now.

Xandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:21 am

It's a Man-serpent Greatsword + 7 (I think) and I haven't killed Havel yet.

Walnutman

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:26 am

In CoD: World at War, I had way too much fun with bouncing bettys. Words cannot describe the joy of blowing up unwary PTRS snipers with them multiple times and then having them rage hard at you in the lobby afterwards.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14646
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 am

Ah, good. You're not a massive cheese-gamer faggot in that case. Also a good trick for killing Havel is to lure him out towards one of the doorways, at which point will try to attack you once and then start backing off. You can just fling fire(bombs) at them and then step back inside the tower, step out and fling more fire until he dies.

Also going to post my current builds here because I can:

America (yes I named my first character America)
Class: Pyromancer
Level: 60
Weapons: Pyro Glove, Sorcerer's Catalyst, Enchanted Claymore, Winged Lightning Spear, Longbow
Shields: Crystal Ring Shield, Crest Shield
Armour: Gold-hemmed robes/Silver Knight armour
Rings: Ninja-flip Ring and some stamina-boosting one
Covenant (current): Warriors of Sunlight
Build: Spellsword, high Int + End/Vit and some Str/Dex

Ashley
Class: Knight
Level: 50
Weapons: Divine Claymore, Lightning Spear, Short Bow
Shields: Crest Shield
Armour: Elite Knight Armour
Rings: Havel's Ring and Ninja-flip ring
Covenant: Warriors of Sunlight
Build: Paladin, high Faith + End/Vit/Str with some Dex

Xandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 am

I found him by accident when I was level 10 or something, I haven't went back since, might as well give it another go.

Walnutman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 am

You can also enter the bottom of his tower via a doorway in Darkroot Basin (near the spot you fight the Hydra). Be careful though because he'll probably hit you as soon as you step inside (the doorway is right in front of his spawning place).

Xandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:09 am

>that feel when you reduce a 12 year old yank to nothing more than rage and swearwords when you kick his quickscoping ass.

Fuck I hate quickscopers, if I see one, I make it my mission to follow them through matches and generally fuck them over.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 am

I am the internationally renowned master of microphone trolling in Call of Duty. Have about five different "characters" that I use to make CoD players incomprehensibly furious / confused.

I AM THE MASTER. THE MASTER

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38797
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Divulge.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71993
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Furburt wrote:Divulge.

Xandy wrote:
MilkyFresh wrote:DO MEEEE

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck Milky I always knew you were a fag for me.
Alkaline
Refuse to Kill the Same Way Twice

Leprechaun Gold : 6436
Pineapple Power : -582

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Alkaline wrote:
Furburt wrote:Divulge.

Xandy

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Impossibru.

What I've been doing lately has been acting like a dumb fucking bogan and getting really in people's faces to try and lure them into responding, then, to their shock and horror, unleashing my true intellect and destroying them in verbal battle, all while remaining in character.

I used to pretend to be somebody's mother playing on her son's playstation and say things like "D3thninjA165, that's a nice name. Is that a band? Are they like greenday, my son likes greenday". The kicker with that one was that I did it while dominating everybody in the actual game. It pissed them off immensely. I'm just a master.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

On the Xbox, vanilla TF2.

A friend and I both dominated the entirety of the other team on Dustbowl as defenders with only bonesaws.
Getting entire teams trapped between teleporters.
Getting spies into spawn.

I've found that in Counterstrike if I just pretend to be really into the game, try to use military jargon and give 'rousing' speeches I can get a solid 5 people swearing at me.
ie
"Bad luck their F4ghat69, we'll get them next time, I'll have your 6 while we stack and clear. Watch those corners, plenty of Tangoes round those windows, cover me... lay down some suppressing fire. We may have lost today gentlemen but I think that in the face of diversity, to fight for your beliefs is the most noble of pursuits. etc etc"
Then take credit for wins and blame team for not listening when I lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 pm

In halo:

>arrogant 12 year old at start of match threatens people if they take the sniper/rocket/sword

>take weapon, run around with it, kill bitches, waste all the ammo/energy

>watch as 12 year old rages because he can't find it.

>run in front of him so he notices.

>screams at you to give it to him.

>simply reply with no or ignore him.

>he betrays you

>kick him

>recieve swear garbled high pitched rage message.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Oh, also I griefed one guy so hard his clan broke up.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:18 pm

We ran into this clan called AFS recently while I was doing my bogan trolling, I introduced myself as "Brimza" and started giving them very mild shit. I got quite a reaction out of the clan leader "AFS Intrepid" so decided to antagonise the fuck out of him. We followed him from game to game, beating the fuck out of him both scorewise and verbally, humiliating him in front of his clan. As we did this we were making friends with one or two of the other AFS guys through private messages. Eventually he challenged us to a 1 v 1 private match and we accepted. He got his whole clan, 6 or 7 other people, spectating in the game, then we started thrashing him. He became incoherently furious, first abusing us for not being able to quickscope, then, when we beat him quickscoping, abusing us for only being able to quickscope. Then he full on screamed into the microphone for about a minute. This is a fully grown man we're talking about here. Eventually, when it became too painful for them to watch, his clan mates started joining the game and killing him, causing Intrepid to become deliriously, insanely angry. He abused the FUCK out of all of his buddies while I put in quick one liners here and there. I seriously believe he would have tried to murder me if we'd been in the same room. The game ended with us on 15 kills and him on 4, screaming "IT WAS THIRTY AND THREE, THIRTY AND THREE" for reasons apparent only to himself. I'm not sure who he thought he could convince of that, considering his team spectated the entire game.
The next day we made a new account "AFS Brimza" and continued joining his games, acting like we were in his clan now, having won our way in. More screams of "THIRTY AND THREE" ensued. His clan mates started making fun of him for acting like such a baby, and then eventually just flat out told him to shut the fuck up and stop embarrassing them. We spoke to one of his clan mates about a week into this, and he told us that Intrepid had had a fit of rage and deleted the whole AFS clan off some major league gaming website, which I think they were paid to be on. All in all it was hysterically funny and magical.

Key quotes:

"IT WAS THIRTY AND THREE, THIRTY AND FUCKING THREE"

Me "Shut the fuck up mate, Intrepid isn't even a real word"
Intrepid "If it isn't a real word then WHY THE FUCK IS IT ON THE SIDE OF A CAR??"
Me "Idunno, probably cause you sucked enough dicks to get it there or some shit"
Intrepid "IF IT ISN'T A REAL WORD THEN WHY THE FUCK IS IT ON THE SIDE OF A FUCKING CAR"

(joins game)
"(obnoxious laughing) How's it fuckin' goin' eh, it's fuckin' Brimza here"
"FUCK"
"Aw hey Intrepid, didn't see ya down there at the bottom of the scoreboard. Don't worry, old mate Brimza'll help you out"
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!"
(Intrepid left the game)

I will tell my grandchildren this story.

Last edited by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:20 pm

In Call of Duty 4:

>Play Hardcore Search and Destroy
>Fire rocket at my own team at the start of the match, killing most, if not all, of them
>Everyone's screaming through the mic
>Rinse and repeat

Xandy wrote:

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alkaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkaline on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm

MilkyFresh wrote:I will tell my grandchildren this story.

Please do.

Xandy wrote:

DO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alkaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm

The funny thing is, he could be a legitimately good player, getting angry makes you play badly.

If he was getting paid to play he should know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 pm

He wasn't bad at all (before his fury reached Christian Bale levels), Michael, who was playing, was just far better.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm

They used to have a youtube channel, it even had hateful shout outs towards us in the info box, but it seems to have been deleted. If you search for AFS Intrepid there's a few videos other people have put up with him in them though.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

The only thing I do is on Tf2 as a spy keep going for the same people and laugh at them getting more and more paranoid.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47439
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Xandy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 pm

SS13 is like griefer's heaven.

>fill empty booze bottles with gasoline/toxins and leave them at the bar
>overcharged singularity and cause engineering to be destroyed, everyone will always think it was an accident
>walk by the brig and set all cell release timers to ten minutes, then return nine minutes later and do it again
>empty all fire extinguishers on the station and fill them with gasoline
>trip the captain and steal his energy gun, start firing everywhere
>drag a fuel tank into the courtroom during a trial and blow it up
>open bio-toxin/plasma canisters and drag them through the halls

Xandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Alkaline wrote:In Call of Duty 4:

>Play Hardcore Search and Destroy
>Fire rocket at my own team at the start of the match, killing most, if not all, of them
>Everyone's screaming through the mic
>Rinse and repeat

That was always good for a laugh if I was bored or had annoying teammates.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm

@MilkyFresh: That shit be biblical.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71993
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:10 pm

TrollEd

Never again will I hear a man that angry

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Xandy wrote:SS13 is like griefer's heaven.

>fill empty booze bottles with gasoline/toxins and leave them at the bar
>overcharged singularity and cause engineering to be destroyed, everyone will always think it was an accident
>walk by the brig and set all cell release timers to ten minutes, then return nine minutes later and do it again
>empty all fire extinguishers on the station and fill them with gasoline
>trip the captain and steal his energy gun, start firing everywhere
>drag a fuel tank into the courtroom during a trial and blow it up
>open bio-toxin/plasma canisters and drag them through the halls
This game sounds good.

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 15117
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Ahhh..... space station 13.

I should start playing again, that shit was fun. Learn to trust no one.

>the scientists will kidnap you and rape you in their lab.

>the sec officers will alternate between tyrannical overlords and useless apathetic dicks who barricade themselves in the security area.

>the engineers will try to destroy the station or reality.

>the AI will fuck you in so many ways.

>the cook will poison you and then drag your body to the meatgrinder to start the process all over again.

>assistants will ruin your day in any number of ways.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:04 pm

You forgot the vicar who seems to constantly use his furnace and the high number of parcels travelling around the mail chute.

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26776
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinglebellpoke on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:32 pm

In MW2 Cuthberton and I used riot shields to trap teammates in corners and keep them there for the entire match. The rage was amazing.

Mr.Jingles knows where you live.
Jinglebellpoke
Sprinkle on the cheese

Leprechaun Gold : 2137
Pineapple Power : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by LordCuthberton on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 pm

PayJ wrote:The only thing I do is on Tf2 as a spy keep going for the same people and laugh at them getting more and more paranoid.

Sounds awfully familiar to what happens to you when I play against you on TF2.

@Jingles: Grrrrrrrrnade

He that climbs the highest has the greatest fall.

PRAISE THE SUN
LordCuthberton
"Aha, I am also an assassin"

Leprechaun Gold : -2147472342
Pineapple Power : 1990

https://www.facebook.com/100PercentWinner

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 pm

LordCuthberton wrote:
PayJ wrote:The only thing I do is on Tf2 as a spy keep going for the same people and laugh at them getting more and more paranoid.

Sounds awfully familiar to what happens to you when I play against you on TF2.

@Jingles: Grrrrrrrrnade
You wish. You simply lack the finesse to penetrate my spine with my sentry watching over me.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by LordCuthberton on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:02 pm

And you lack the sense of keeping the sentry in one place.

You keep moving them and that just leaves you open...

He that climbs the highest has the greatest fall.

PRAISE THE SUN
LordCuthberton
"Aha, I am also an assassin"

Leprechaun Gold : -2147472342
Pineapple Power : 1990

https://www.facebook.com/100PercentWinner

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Old Winston takes care of me just fine and dandy. The sentry is a luxury.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I MISS TF2

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 15117
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 pm

We need a game at some point.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down