Sticking your dick in kids

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sticking your dick in kids

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

What are your thoughts on the whole "naming paedophiles" thing. Idunno how big an issue it is overseas but it's sort of a big debate here. Just got into a debate on facebook about it but I reckon you guys will yield more interesting responses. I'll just copy paste the conversation.

Spoiler:

D:What does everyone think about naming and shaming pedophiles? I don't know where I stand at the moment.
On one hand they've served their jail sentences, done their time and maybe they should be left alone. But on the other, the prison system aims to punish, not rehabilitate, so some are likely to do it again, hence, communities should be informed to protect their children. Get a good 'ol fashion debate up in here.

T: system does more than punish.

D: Care to elaborate?

T: not right now watching big bang and eating tea.. although after doing it for 2 years in high school you learn about all that shit and punishment is not all the system aims for,

B: Name and shame.

N: You can't 'rehabilitate' a pedo to live in normal society, since they presumably lead a more than normal life before they were caught (to hide their fetish). It's the same as trying to 'de-gay' someone. You can't.

D: The percentage of sex offenders that were rearrested is estimated at 43% according the American Bureau of Statistics. Australia on the other hand is 31% for pedophilia and 50% for crime recidivism in general.

Of course, the system "aims" for more then punishment, but the statistics show that whatever it is they do, it's only working half the time.

T: you should change the post to "the prison system aims to punish and rehabilitate, although the rehabilitation is shown sometimes unsuccessful"

M: As a convicted criminal who has remorse and has served their prison sentence or whatever, you would want a second chance. But as a parent, you want to protect your child and if you found out your next door neighbor was a pedophile, you should have the right to know so you can take the necessary steps to protect your child. The children are the innocent ones worth protecting, not the pedophiles.
Hopefully they can be rehabilitated and get on with their life, but children should come first.

D: But it isn't "sometimes", it's half the time. Every second prisoner imprisoned in Australia is re-convicted for the same crime. That statistic doesn't even include previous inmates who are committing different crimes and the ones who aren't getting caught for re-offending/committing other crimes obviously aren't included in the statistic either.

Good points by the way N.

T:then change it too, "this is shown to be unsuccessful 50% of the time.." derp.

D: Did you even read what I wrote? It's 50% in that particular statistic, re-offenders of the same crime, add in the other factors and I'm sure it'll be much, much more then that. Obviously going into a prison system you're going to learn how to not make the same mistakes twice, that doesn't mean the crimes aren't still being committed

T: Nah, I really ceebs getting right into FB debates so I just glimpsed over it.

D: O..tay

D: The danger will remain, following prison time.
The new offenses may not be reported.
Too much risk to allow someone with sexuality that is wired to seek what they do. Generally this behaviour is very solid and practiced or, at least, fuelled.
All information of all dangers must be freely available to all.
If the danger is a direct threat, information must be aggressively delivered to all potential victims.

Z: Darcy... I believe you too are a raper!

Me: You know, I watched a documentary on this mental hospital for paedophiles last night. It's in america somewhere, and it's where paedophiles who are released from gaol and aren't believed to be cured are sent... Shit that was fucked up. Of the hundreds and hundreds of inmates only something like 10 had ever been released. It was like the fucking mental hospital in one flew over the cuckoo's nest. That's not really the point though.
Paedophilia is disgusting, more so than almost any other crime, but I think it's wrong to continue to harass them after they're released from prison, which is what happens when they're named and shamed. Even though what they did is totally and completely fucked up, a system that allows the public to continue to punish somebody after they've served their time in gaol is absolutely broken. If something like this became common practice sooner or later people would start to say "well murderers are just as bad, they should be treated the same as paedophiles" because there would be a precedent for the justice system working differently depending on the awfulness of the crime, and standards of what's particularly bad change over time. I think we've got it pretty much right now with what we consider to be wrong in western society, but everybody is a product of their environment and I'd probably think differently if I was raised in a different kind of society. If there's a precedent now of paedophiles being treated differently to other criminals it will be easier for future generations to apply the same rules to other classes of criminal, like drug dealers or drunk drivers or whatever.
But yeah, I dunno. Just my thoughts at the moment, not sure how convinced I am either way.

Me: Just being the devil's advocate I guess. Kinda suck at it.

I believe what I said a bit more firmly than I let on. I don't want to cop internet shit for defending paedos.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
No one loves a coffee sniffing motherfucker.
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Leprechaun Gold : 38648
Pineapple Power : 22738
Alignment : Arseheart

Back to top Go down

Re: Sticking your dick in kids

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Paedophelia is in a completely different rank from any other crime general society has to be faced with.
I do agree with you on, say, a murderer or a rapist. But there's no way in hell I'd risk my child's safety if I could help it. Look, if I knew a paedophile lived in another suburb, I wouldn't get all drastic-ass on the situation. Of course I would be more alert but I wouldn't go spray painting hate messages on their house. However, if I knew a paedophile was living within a 5 block radius, no fucking way I'd deal with that.
(That is if I had children of course.)

Last edited by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took out a word I didn't LIEK)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First thing we gotta do is get rid of all these shamrocks.
Nothing scares gay folk and black people like Irish crap.
NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Leprechaun Gold : 4543
Pineapple Power : 415
Alignment : Aged 30. Non Smoker. Liar.

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:43 pm

More responses.

Spoiler:

N: Geordie, I understand where you're coming from, but if I were a mother (as M is) and I had the knowledge that a person has a 50% approx. chance of reoffending in some way, then there's no fucking way I'd ever, ever, *ever* live close to a known paedophile. I would rather be alerted and take the steps to relocate my family to protect my child.

D: I agree. A flip of a coin between your children being safe walking to school every morning or them not. It's just not the sort of odds people are willing to fuck around with.

Me: It just seems very very wrong for it to be institutionalised in that way. It's not that I'm not empathetic towards victims of abuse like that, I am, I just think it's a dangerous precedent to set.

N: For paedophilia though? Really? For this is what we're concentrating on...

Me: Well the precedent wouldn't be for paedophilia, it would be set by paedophilia.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 pm

NightSwimming wrote:Paedophelia is in a completely different rank from any other crime general society has to be faced with.
I do agree with you on, say, a murderer or even a rapist. But there's no way in hell I'd risk my child's safety if I could help it. Look, if I knew a paedophile lived in another suburb, I wouldn't get all drastic-ass on the situation. Of course I would be more alert but I wouldn't go spray painting hate messages on their house. However, if I knew a paedophile was living within a 5 block radius, no fucking way I'd deal with that.
(That is if I had children of course.)

Well it's not people like you we have to worry about, it's people who are more reactive and, we shouldn't forget, motivated towards violence.
And as for paedophilia being in a different rank to anything society has been faced with, I agree, but I also acknowledge that I can't possibly say that with any accuracy. In 16th century England people would have said that about witchcraft, in the 60s people said (and believed) that about communism. It's dangerous to set a precedent for this because standards change so rapidly.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 pm

We don't really do the name and shame thing, that would be bigger in England, but we definitely have a problem with paedophiles, as you probably know.

What I think is that, while I can understand the principle of name and shame, I object to it for two reasons. No.1 being that it's slightly overstepping the boundaries of my personal idea of justice. I believe that criminals are to be dealt with solely by the justice system alone. If it's a criminal matter, which it is, then it's dealt with by criminal courts. We should avoid any and all slide into vigilantism.
If the police have details on a freed sex offender, then it's their prerogative to use them efficiently. By all means keep the sex offenders register and perform background checks and all that, and by all means include community in keeping their area safe, but what amounts to a big sign outside a paedo's door is just encouraging the baser elements of society to take their own action, and that's never good.

No.2 is that of integration. I can think of no better way to encourage a child molester to re-offend than by completely shutting them off from any meaningful social contact and isolating them from their peers. It would just make them bitter and desperate. If you want them to behave like normal people, then they've got to be made feel like normal people. If they feel like the punishment they receive is never ending, then what's the impetus not to re-offend? Their life is ruined anyway.

To boil it down, I agree with the name part, got to stay safe, but I'm not too sold on the shame part. Not because I care that much about how paedophiles are suffering, but just because it doesn't seem like the most efficient way to stop paedophiles re-offending, which is the main goal.

This device will make me famous
This device will make me fly
This device will make me holy
This device defies all laws

Laws that are stupid, and make no sense.

Big Black, Newman Generator

The New Adventures of Momo Murphy
Furburt
Arrested For Copying Dogs

Leprechaun Gold : 71844
Pineapple Power : 42707
Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Furburt wrote:We don't really do the name and shame thing, that would be bigger in England, but we definitely have a problem with paedophiles, as you probably know.

What I think is that, while I can understand the principle of name and shame, I object to it for two reasons. No.1 being that it's slightly overstepping the boundaries of my personal idea of justice. I believe that criminals are to be dealt with solely by the justice system alone. If it's a criminal matter, which it is, then it's dealt with by criminal courts. We should avoid any and all slide into vigilantism.
If the police have details on a freed sex offender, then it's their prerogative to use them efficiently. By all means keep the sex offenders register and perform background checks and all that, and by all means include community in keeping their area safe, but what amounts to a big sign outside a paedo's door is just encouraging the baser elements of society to take their own action, and that's never good.

No.2 is that of integration. I can think of no better way to encourage a child molester to re-offend than by completely shutting them off from any meaningful social contact and isolating them from their peers. It would just make them bitter and desperate. If you want them to behave like normal people, then they've got to be made feel like normal people. If they feel like the punishment they receive is never ending, then what's the impetus not to re-offend? Their life is ruined anyway.

To boil it down, I agree with the name part, got to stay safe, but I'm not too sold on the shame part. Not because I care that much about how paedophiles are suffering, but just because it doesn't seem like the most efficient way to stop paedophiles re-offending, which is the main goal.
Agreed on all points there.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't have kids though, and I imagine if I did, I'd feel a lot stronger about putting them away for good. That's just the way things work. Personal over practical.

Furburt

Alignment : The Clan MacGinty, the Clan Nangle, The Clan O'Neill and the Clan Moriarty

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:57 pm

@Milky - What do you think it would lead onto if it were a precedent? Personal danger to the offender or more as in the people are going to want to know about every crime everyone around them has committed? (not intended to have a sarcastic tone if that was indented)

@Furb - All for naming, not for shaming. I agree, but as Milky did point out, it's not people like moi that it's going to effect. It's crazy, Southern gun nuts.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm

NightSwimming wrote:@Milky - What do you think it would lead onto if it were a precedent? Personal danger to the offender or more as in the people are going to want to know about every crime everyone around them has committed? (not intended to have a sarcastic tone if that was indented)
I meant that if we have something in the law that says "we can treat criminals differently depending on how nasty we perceive their crimes to be" it can easily be applied to whatever future generations think is especially nasty, which, as history has repeatedly proven, is often very very wrong.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Komrade Kharloth on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 pm

On one hand, it promotes safety.

On the other hand, it panders to people like my sister, who honestly believes that the world is trying to fuck her children.

Μολών λαβέ

Komrade Kharloth
God's Hero-man

Leprechaun Gold : 14497
Pineapple Power : 1892
Alignment : Orthodox

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Aaah, very well. I totally agree, but I don't know about this one, hey.
Furb made a good point of only allowing the police to hold the knowledge. But damn hell Christ on a carved pumpkin eating a milk steak with a side of your finest jellybeans, raw, they better be ready to be doing a lot of paper work to keep the children safe. If any child was touched, stalked, photographed or talked to by a paedo, the police have NO choice but to be on it immediately. Not to say they come in, guns blazing, 9 News helicopters above, but they would absolutely have to take some form of immediate action.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Komrade Kharloth wrote:

On the other hand, it panders to people like my sister, who honestly believes that the world is trying to fuck her children.

She's biased and obviously doesn't realise how unappealing they are.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm

The solution, for me, is to empty out the trench on Michael's vape ten more times and depart from this planet for several hours.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:14 pm

OOOOOOOOGGGGHHHHHHHH, I CLICKED WHY, MONKEY, WHY!! YOU COULD'VE ATLEAST CUNTBOMBED!

I feel we have enough to close the issue - Police informed, but lift their socks up. Offender is allowed to serve time and reunite with the community and begin a new life. BUT THEY CANNOT FUCK IT UP.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:17 pm

This consensus is very agreeable.

WHY MONKEY, WHY??? I love the choice of music. What kind of person puts something like that together in their spare time?

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:18 pm

And we can fund this increase in police vigilance by redirecting taxes from enforcing the ban on marijuana towards arresting paedos.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Amen.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by GrinningManiac on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:23 pm

I find these arguments difficult because the No. 1 reason for naming and shaming is so "neighbourhood parents can take steps to protect their children"

Yet no-one ever elaborates on what possible steps there would be to take

Because, ultimately, the only thing that would happen would be

1) Children not allowed out of the house
2) Pedophile is harassed, assaulted, intimidated or even attacked
3) His/her house is probably vandalised
4) He/she is chased out of town

मैं हिन्दी जानना चाहता हूँ…અને ગુજરાતી…ਅਤੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ…এবং হয়ত বাংলা.
Aprenderé a bailar salsa y nada detendrá me. 对不起我的中文不好,对不起我不知道你说什么。
Не слышны в саду даже шорохи. Все здесь замерло до утра, Если б знали вы, как мне дороги, Подмосковные вечера.
The problem with having an open mind, you see, is that people insist on coming along and putting things in it
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I have a blog nao
GrinningManiac
His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Alasdair Lawrence

Leprechaun Gold : 15067
Pineapple Power : 3009
Alignment : Morally Unperturbed Mongoose-Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 pm

5) Family has to move away

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 pm

6) Nothing terrible happens

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 pm

7) Dance-off.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Cool Duelling with pistols should be legal. Just saying.

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:31 pm

GODDAMNIT NUMBER EIGHT NOT COOL YELLOW MAN

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkyFresh on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 pm

DUEL WITH ME BB CODE, DUEL WITH ME

WHY MONKEY, WHY?
No one loves a prick,
MilkyFresh
Wizard of Piss

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm not quite sure on his issue. On one hand pedophilia is one of the crimes I detest the most, the others being murder and rape. I'm not sure if their privacy should go in front of local children's safety, given the crime committed. On the other hand, I can see how it could cause nothing but pain (both physical and mental) to the convict, although I'm not too bothered by that. The thing with precedents being set is a fair point.

Also, I'm probably misinterpreting this but is this just an point in the argument about precedents being set Milky?

"well murderers are just as bad, they should be treated the same as paedophiles"

Walnutman
Refuses to Let Humanity Be Undermined by Robotics

Leprechaun Gold : 6756
Pineapple Power : 617

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm

I see paedophilia the same as being gay. You don't get to choose your sexuality. In olden days gays where treated just as bad as paedophiles today. However I do think it's sick but you shouldn't be put in jail for things you can't control.

"Fix me a hot dog with jelly on
I've had cravings since withdrawing from
Low grade acid and cocaine bumps
I can't sleep at night or hold a decent job."
-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Leprechaun Gold : 47290
Pineapple Power : 22778
Alignment : Right or Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 pm

PayJ567 wrote:I see paedophilia the same as being gay. You don't get to choose your sexuality. In olden days gays where treated just as bad as paedophiles today. However I do think it's sick but you shouldn't be put in jail for things you can't control.

Holy moly I'm disagreeing with Joe.

They may be unable to control how their urges, but they able to control those urges. I understand that may be what anti-gay people said back in the day (and now) but I don't see the two as the same. It goes into the argument of what age can someone truly give consent but, unless someone is close in age e.g. 15 having sex with a 17 year old, having sex with someone underage just rubs me the wrong way.

Oh course, if you mean just the sexual desire of Pedophilia and not the crime then I agree.

Walnutman

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Walnutman wrote:
PayJ567 wrote:I see paedophilia the same as being gay. You don't get to choose your sexuality. In olden days gays where treated just as bad as paedophiles today. However I do think it's sick but you shouldn't be put in jail for things you can't control.

They may be unable to control how their urges, but they able to control those urges. I understand that may be what anti-gay people said back in the day (and now) but I don't see the two as the same. It goes into the argument of what age can someone truly give consent but, unless someone is close in age e.g. 15 having sex with a 17 year old, having sex with someone underage just rubs me the wrong way.

Oh course, if you mean just the sexual desire of Pedophilia and not the crime then I agree.
I don't agree with paedophilia at all. All I was saying is it's not their fault and the way they are treated is pretty unfair. Although yeah I agree they could control those urges but how long could you go without a wank? It's a bit of a weird subject cause it's so wrong.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Something I've been thinking about recently however is that you might not be born gay. I mean if people where born gay surely the "gay gene" would have died out ages ago due to the fact gay people don't have kids?

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutman on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 pm

PayJ567 wrote:
Walnutman wrote:

I don't agree with paedophilia at all. All I was saying is it's not their fault and the way they are treated is pretty unfair. Although yeah I agree they could control those urges but how long could you go without a wank? It's a bit of a weird subject cause it's so wrong.

Just use your imagination, as screwed up as that is, if you're that desperate for a wank.

Walnutman

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Walnutman wrote:
PayJ567 wrote:
Walnutman wrote:

Just use your imagination, as screwed up as that is, if you're that desperate for a wank.

Yeah.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 pm

This is why I don't have a problem with lolicon. If it provides a child-free way for them to get their rocks off, then all the better.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 pm

PayJ567 wrote:Something I've been thinking about recently however is that you might not be born gay. I mean if people where born gay surely the "gay gene" would have died out ages ago due to the fact gay people don't have kids?
That's under the presumption that homosexuality is explicitly hereditary, which it doesn't necessarily have to be.

I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.
Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 14938
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Hubilub wrote:
PayJ567 wrote:Something I've been thinking about recently however is that you might not be born gay. I mean if people where born gay surely the "gay gene" would have died out ages ago due to the fact gay people don't have kids?
That's under the presumption that homosexuality is explicitly hereditary, which it doesn't necessarily have to be.
True.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by NightSwimming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:51 pm

@PayJ - Do you think instead of jail they should be punished in another form? Something does have to happen for them to be punished. Absolutely. It's a child's whole mental development they're fucking up. Not to mention physical trauma. I watched Oprah a few years back. The episode was about child molestation. One little girl was penetrated by a man. Her vagina was torn and her clitoris spilt in half. Of course this is a severe instance and not all cases involve penetration, but it's different to the old world views of being a homosexual, because people are being injured. This girl can never have sex. Never have an orgasm. Now, how long can you hold off to wank? Because she will have to go her whole life. This man took away her ability to, essentially, be human!
Yes, it's already apart of their mind and they can't help their thoughts and urges, but there's a law for a reason.

NightSwimming
Sexy Murder Victim

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wiggles on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:23 am

I can't agree with the whole name and shame thing.

A few years back, near here I think, a group of people found out a pedophile lived near by. A mob formed late at night, most of them drunk and out of stupidity or drunken confusion, an clueless paediatrician was beaten to death.

Beside the point? Maybe. But the fact is, in England it is not uncommon for angry mobs to interfere in these sorts of crimes. Last week, I read about a pedophile/witch hunt in the Metro, where a mob formed a suspected pedo's drive and started smashing shit. The suspect was already in custody(and innocent until proven guilty) and people were seeking to cause havoc.

What qualifies a parent to be a parent? Working sexual organs and nowadays not even that. My point is just because they have a child, it does not mean they are capable of acting responsibly with such information.

Ought to be part of some compulsory training for parents or some shit. Even then I still have doubts it would be in anyway effective.

You can buy a dream or two to last you all the years, and the only price you'll pay is a heart full of tears.
Mr. Wiggles
Professional Green Tea Enthusiast. It cures Space Aids dontcha know?

Leprechaun Gold : 26627
Pineapple Power : 15453
Alignment : Semi-sadistic Tea-drinking Schizophrenic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 am

To state my opinion on the issue:

Pedophilia, unlike homosexuality, is a psychological disorder. Homosexuality, according to most theories, comes about in the womb due to a different hormonal build up from what is common, causing an attraction in the opposite sex. This is a completely natural development, and as we humans have transcended nature, there is no reason for us to think of it as unnatural.

Other things that can cause homosexuality, and to an extension transsexuality, is gender confusion. This is normally caused in your infant years if you, as a baby, are exposed to abuse, either directly or indirectly in the form of observing one parent abuse the other. This brings about what is referred to as disorganized attachment, which leads to a very easily frightened and often gender confused individual. But this is not a disorder, simply a reaction to childhood trauma.

Pedophilia is in every sense of the word a disorder. Being attracted to a child is both morally and biologically wrong. There's nothing in the way we are born or raised that causes us to be pedophiles. Something in the brain of a pedophile is wrong, simple as that

Hubilub

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:41 am

I also believe that Pedophilia is something that can be "cured", or at least has the possibility of being cured, if we just put more time and research into it.

If we do that, the name and shame business mustn't go on for much longer. Until then however, name and shame'em.

I'd also like to confess that despite my attempts at keeping some form of moral consideration into my argument, if a convicted pedophile moved into my neighborhood, I'd chase him out myself. We have three kindergartens here, one which I went to as a child and one which I've worked on, and several families with adolescents, and I'll be fucking damned if some diddler comes up here.

Hubilub

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Hubilub wrote:

Pedophilia is in every sense of the word a disorder. Being attracted to a child is both morally and biologically wrong. There's nothing in the way we are born or raised that causes us to be pedophiles. Something in the brain of a pedophile is wrong, simple as that

I disagree with this bit. You hear all the time about paedophiles whose dad touched them as a child, and so on. Unless it's very strongly genetic, that sounds like childhood trauma influencing it.

Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by PayJ on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:42 pm

NightSwimming wrote:@PayJ - Do you think instead of jail they should be punished in another form? Something does have to happen for them to be punished. Absolutely. It's a child's whole mental development they're fucking up. Not to mention physical trauma. I watched Oprah a few years back. The episode was about child molestation. One little girl was penetrated by a man. Her vagina was torn and her clitoris spilt in half. Of course this is a severe instance and not all cases involve penetration, but it's different to the old world views of being a homosexual, because people are being injured. This girl can never have sex. Never have an orgasm. Now, how long can you hold off to wank? Because she will have to go her whole life. This man took away her ability to, essentially, be human!
Yes, it's already apart of their mind and they can't help their thoughts and urges, but there's a law for a reason.
As always I vote that prisons should follow Norway's "summer camp" philosophy. Rehabilitate these people so they can become functioning members of society. Don't punish them by locking them all up together and have them fight and riot and learn how to become better criminals.

-Matt Berry
PayJ
And I'll Do Fitness

Back to top Go down