I just watched Minority Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I just watched Minority Report

Post by Hubilub on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:53 am

*Spoiler*

The bad guy wins

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I felt my sphincter clench and my scrotum contract in shock at his response.

Hubilub
Conquistador of the Useless

Leprechaun Gold : 14818
Pineapple Power : 4328
Alignment : Probiotics are Evil

Back to top Go down

Re: I just watched Minority Report

Post by Katzenjammer on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 am

Huzzah!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
She's turned the weans against us.

Katzenjammer
Zoot Suit

Leprechaun Gold : 6298
Pineapple Power : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:40 pm

I thought Tom Cruise wins after he escapes? Or is he the bad guy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

No, Tom Cruise loses

Hubilub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Hmm,

The PreCrime unit eventually captures Anderton and restores Agatha to the system. Burgess attempts to comfort Lara, but accidentally reveals that he was the one that killed Lively. Lara uses this information to free Anderton. At a banquet to celebrate the success of the PreCrime unit attended by Burgess, Anderton plays back Agatha's vision of Lively's murder for the gathered crowd, which shows Burgess as the murderer. While Burgess begins to hunt down Anderton, a new PreCrime report is created: Anderton is the victim and Burgess, the murderer. When Burgess catches up to Anderton, Anderton explains the impossible situation: if Burgess kills Anderton, he proves the system works but at the cost of a life sentence, while if he does not, the system will not have worked and the PreCrime division will be shut down. Anderton explains the fundamental flaw in the system: if one knows his or her future, he or she can change it. Burgess resolves the dilemma by killing himself. The PreCrime program is shut down, the prisoners released, and the precogs given a chance to lead a full life. Anderton and Lara remarry and start a new family.
You almost got me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubilub on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 pm

stinkychops wrote:Hmm,

The PreCrime unit eventually captures Anderton and restores Agatha to the system. ANDERTON IS THEN PUT INTO THE CYBER PRISON WHERE ALL HIS DREAMS ARE TRUE. THEN HE DREAMS ABOUT HOW Burgess attempts to comfort Lara, but accidentally reveals that he was the one that killed Lively. Lara uses this information to free Anderton. At a banquet to celebrate the success of the PreCrime unit attended by Burgess, Anderton plays back Agatha's vision of Lively's murder for the gathered crowd, which shows Burgess as the murderer. While Burgess begins to hunt down Anderton, a new PreCrime report is created: Anderton is the victim and Burgess, the murderer. When Burgess catches up to Anderton, Anderton explains the impossible situation: if Burgess kills Anderton, he proves the system works but at the cost of a life sentence, while if he does not, the system will not have worked and the PreCrime division will be shut down. Anderton explains the fundamental flaw in the system: if one knows his or her future, he or she can change it. Burgess resolves the dilemma by killing himself. The PreCrime program is shut down, the prisoners released, and the precogs given a chance to lead a full life. Anderton and Lara remarry and start a new family.
You almost got me.

You forgot that part I put in bold

Watch the film again and you'll notice how the tone and plausibility of the plot takes a massive swan dive right after Anderton is put into prison. Also, notice how the editing between him being put in prison and Burgess talking to Lara is really jaded.

Then remember that the same guy who wrote this story also made Total Recall, where the entire plot is trying to figure out whether or not Arnold is dreaming.

THIS DUDE LIKES SECRET ENDINGS THAT MAKE EVERYONE SAD

Hubilub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Oh.

Right, now you mention it someone already explained that to me but I forgot. Maybe it was in a dream?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top